Arranging Presets...

Ron_R

Power User
I need some advice from the forum pros on something I'm trying to do and can't quite figure out the best way to go about this. I'm sure it will be easier to figure out once I get a foot controller.

It has become obvious to me that there are awesome presets for my JP6 and different, but similarly awesome presets that work better with my Strat.

So what I want to do is build some "banks" I guess that I can easily access the presets when I play the JP6 and also create a "bank" of some sort to easily access the presets when I play my Strat.

Each "bank" would have ten or fifteen presets and they wouldn't even really overlap (same preset in two banks).

I hope you understand what I'm trying to do.

Any ideas?

I use a number of different guitars that are built on individual presets. From what I understand, a bank is a bank and can't be altered (128 presets).
I use a modifier in the preset name to let me know what to use. For example- HolChrP1-2SBM - tells me that the preset is for "Hollow Spaces" in the chorus. Pedal 1 is used (could be volume, wah, mixer, etc. - I know from the context of the song, but it's nice to have a reminder that it's used when I come back to a song I haven't played in months). Next the "2" tells me the song is 1/2 step down (I have about 12 tunings that I use because we play a lot of covers). The last tells me that it's a Strat in the bridge-middle position.

I know this isn't at all what you were looking for, but since I don't think you can achieve custom bank sizes, I thought it might help to see how others deal with the same thing.

I think you mean MFC "bank" of 10 or 15 presets that are available to switch between with out having to scroll up or down? When I first got an Axe and an MFC I had 10 presets in a "bank", but when the "scenes" feature came out I dropped it down to 5 at a time. This way I could have several presets in a "bank" that I could change from scene to scene depending on what I wanted. I also organize my banks of 5 presets based on the guitar I am playing and the tuning. Not sure if that helps, but that is how I do it.

I think you mean MFC "bank" of 10 or 15 presets that are available to switch between with out having to scroll up or down? When I first got an Axe and an MFC I had 10 presets in a "bank", but when the "scenes" feature came out I dropped it down to 5 at a time. This way I could have several presets in a "bank" that I could change from scene to scene depending on what I wanted. I also organize my banks of 5 presets based on the guitar I am playing and the tuning. Not sure if that helps, but that is how I do it.

Yep, you could just seperate them into blocks of presets. For me, however, that would never work because we change the order of the set lists every gig.

Yeah this is what I'm looking for. Thanks! I guess I'll just wait to get an MFC then.

Once you get an MFC (I assume this will be the foot controller) you have many options on setting up how you prefer to use it. You will need to order your presets regardless and then have the MFC set up in a manner where you can use the first row for presets (or all rows) or use other switches as IA buttons (instant access switches) or even song mode.

Then you can arrange the order of your presets based on your songs or guitars etc. etc.

Then....on top of that you can add more possibilities by using scenes to also assist in this.

....this is IF your planning on getting an MFC101 of course. Other controllers would have different possibilities to.

Back
Top Bottom