Ares on XL+ ... mission possible or impossible!

Is this a new horse that we are beating into the ground yet again in this thread, or the same one from the other threads?
Cause I’m pretty sure we couldn’t even make Horseburgers out of it by now.. lol

. How great is it that we're so spoiled that we can actually feel ripped off?
I don't feel ripped off.
I feel disappointed. Like a child that got a cookie every day at 12 am, and then one day it just stopped. I know that mother didn't have to give the cookie, she just did...

I feel nothing but respect for FAS.

Stop the childish sobbing please. Just finishing recording our first album with axe fx II mark I (kind of kids project having lots of fun) and I am completely satisfied with the outstanding sound of the unit. Flaws on sound come from my playing and surely not from this excellent product.
It is absolutely Great also and a bloody chance to have something to look ahead for when I'll make the change some day. Please keep on rocking FAS and even go to Hercules and all the Roman modelling if possible. BTW I'd have named it Aphrodite..Don't stop the future !! Clap clap clap etc.
In the mean time I'll continue living like a Greek God in France,
Cheers

I feel no angst Im just a hobby player with kids :). But some others might since the question is raised again and again. I doubt fas would answer that question until a good number of users have an axe fx III in their rigs and the real excitement builds in the community.

Sure there is a decent chance of one more update but unlikely more than that. They are under no hard commitment to continue updates and users are not privy to what features can and cant be ported to the II since the III has greater horse power. They are probably going to delve into some crazy effects stuff with the new platform

I disagree. From things Cliff had said on other threads, I'd expect a new version with some new amp models in the near future.

I don't understand all the angst. This is tech; it's on the path to obsolescence the minute you open the box. There's only so much you can do to "future proof" yourself, and I'd say that Cliff has a track record of working hard to keep the older technologies that people have purchased current with as much new software as possible.

Actually no, that's not the quote that I'm talking about. This was said some time around mid-2017 where cliff said "As of now there are no plans for an axe fx III. The Axe fx II XL has plenty of horsepower for years to come". I'm paraphrasing a little bit, but finding the exact thread would likely be difficult at this point. Before you take up your torches and pitchforks because I know how-on-the-offensive you guys can be
when anyone says anything remotely negative about fractal, I love my fractal products and widely praise them among every musician that I know, but they were totally misleading about how long the XL+ would last, and I'm not the only one who's had the grievance.

Seems you know nothing about bussiness to me.

I don't feel ripped off.
I feel disappointed. Like a child that got a cookie every day at 12 am, and then one day it just stopped. I know that mother didn't have to give the cookie, she just did...

Dude I'm sorry but you are the downiest Debbie Downer around. I gotta put you on ignore because, geez man, go outside or something.

I don't feel ripped off.

We’ll still get cookies. They’ll just be the left overs mommy gives us after the new little brother gets his. So, I guess the left over cookies are better than no cookies.
I just got my Axe II Nov 2017 - Black November sale, I think. I’m a little annoyed but, also realize this is the speed of technology. The III will also have an end. The Axe II will still be rivaled by only the III. The tones are great and will not get any worse so, I’m good with my purchase.

And to think what most of our hero’s were able to do with the technology available to them at the time..
And either way with the II OR III we have ALL of their entire rigs in a tiny little box we can carry with one hand.
Freedom of speech & 60% of the world doesn’t have a toilet. So there’s that...

He can talk all he wants but I don't have to see it thanks to that handy little Ignore button. You can have all your free speech too, I won't be seeing that either. I love free speech. I like your sister even more. Bye.

HaaHaaaHa, Man that was funny! Seriously my kids looked over at me laughing loud looking at this thread and must have thought WTF!!
I dont want to get into a debate on the actual context here - who is right and who is wrong above etc etc... But I'm laughing at the way it was said! An actual breath of fresh air round here!

Couple of thoughts. Firmware updates are awesome but buying the product new at any time is always good as it already has all of the updates to that time! Hoping for more in the future to me is more like a bonus. My experience in owning an Eventide H9 was pretty good - they ran quite a few updates at no charge for existing customers. I bought my XL2+ a week before the 3 was announced. 2 wins for me - I didn't have to wait for all of those updates to come out (I've already got them) and I'm not sitting here praying for an Axe 3 to turn up! I'm a hopelessly impatient consumer so I will be totally waiting how ever long it takes for the demand to die down. If I put my name/money down, I want it in 10 business days ;-)

It takes me about 5 minutes to dial a nice tone from scratch with my II XL ; that's how good this unit has become.

It's understandable to feel a bit left behind, especially for all the new comers, but think about it like this : no, you won't get your monthly firmware fix, but the what you've paid for your unit had a much better price/quality ratio, compared to what people spent years ago when the II came out.
You bought a product that fully exploits its potential, whereas 4 years ago the II was still a "work in progress".

The price of the unit at the end of its cycle is probably a bit hard to swallow, but I don't expect Fractal to warn people about the impending release of a new unit, that would be bad marketing.

However, I do believe that people will be less likely to buy new units when the III approaches the end of its cycle, since there's now a clear pattern for new releases.

If I put my name/money down, I want it in 10 business days ;-)
That’s not how Fractal works. When you sign up for the wait list, no money changes hands. You don’t pay a dime until you accept the invitation to purchase, and that doesn’t happen until they have one sitting on the shelf, ready to ship to you.

Just a personal opinion, don't usually comment on these things but... lets look at the value of the Axe FX II, assuming $2000+ (accurate number doesn't really matter) a few years ago. Number of upgrades, improvements, fixes. Taking account the years of life of the equipment 6 years with full support. Now lets look at an iPhone $800 new, a new one every year, at most life of 3 years, after 2 years the battery goes a bit crazy, etc. We are talking about high end devices, they cost money to produce and the Axe FX II doesn't stop working because there aren't any new firmware, can't say the same about the iphone, so we get better value. Compare the company size, research and development team sizes. I know people like to comment and everyone is entitled to an opinion but you cant fault FAS commitment. Statements like these just enforce that FAS provides great value for money because people get used too much to the good things we get for free. FAS is a company, lives or dies by making a profit, if you like products, buy and enjoy. Sorry about the rant....

Couple of thoughts. Firmware updates are awesome but buying the product new at any time is always good as it already has all of the updates to that time! Hoping for more in the future to me is more like a bonus. My experience in owning an Eventide H9 was pretty good - they ran quite a few updates at no charge for existing customers. I bought my XL2+ a week before the 3 was announced. 2 wins for me - I didn't have to wait for all of those updates to come out (I've already got them) and I'm not sitting here praying for an Axe 3 to turn up! I'm a hopelessly impatient consumer so I will be totally waiting how ever long it takes for the demand to die down. If I put my name/money down, I want it in 10 business days ;-)

That’s not how Fractal works. When you sign up for the wait list, no money changes hands. You don’t pay a dime until you accept the invitation to purchase, and that doesn’t happen until they have one sitting on the shelf, ready to ship to you.
By not getting on the waitlist you're just exacerbating your own impatience.

Not possible. Not enough horsepower.

Best news I've heard in a while!

This means the new Firmware is advancing....and that is all I ever want to see.

Everyone here needs to think about this like a computer purchase.
If you want to hang on to your Windows XP machine with a a Pentium 4 Processor, you are more than welcome to, and enjoy all the software of yesteryear. This is exactly the same.
But most of us don't do that, we buy new computers every once in while to be able to run the latest and greatest OS, Software, etc.

Thank you FAS for focusing on the future.

Back
Top Bottom