Ares is over ...

mikko has a program like above, I just want it in the axe, like similar but easier than cab lab, yes I think all sound is variation on eq, its just too cumbersome not moving mics around in real time, again Miko has the idea.
I've been using Mikko a lot. It's great for getting to the Cab sound I want fast. I have the essentials pack and will get a couple of the others when they go on sale. I use it within my DAW. Having this I don't feel the need to have similar within Axefx. My only concern about Mikko or similar plugins is: You only have the IR files you generated. That's a plus in that you only generate a file when you like a sound so theres no "file clutter", however, if ML decided to retire Mikko, I don't have the libraries of IRs I purchased they way I do with the file library approach - bit of a 2 edged sword I guess.

While distance off axis does crudely correspond to high cut, every small difference in position causes different peaks and notches. Figuring out how to imitate that accurately with math is pretty non-trivial.

While distance off axis does crudely correspond to high cut, every small difference in position causes different peaks and notches. Figuring out how to imitate that accurately with math is pretty non-trivial.

true, but if you are thinking iteratively the ordering doesn‘t have to be perfect. If IRs are in ABOUT the right place by some measure, you can home in on them.

I have to say the profiling and it's already a very cool feature in a kemper and now in the cortex. That really enhances a modeller. Amp profiling expands the possibilities enormously. we hope for the big fractal firmware update.

I have to say the profiling and it's already a very cool feature in a kemper and now in the cortex. That really enhances a modeller. Amp profiling expands the possibilities enormously. we hope for the big fractal firmware update.
After a year with a kemper, I can say that I hate profiles. It feels really limiting to me. Imagine being stuck with an amp with the knobs stuck. I much prefer the modeling philosophy, so I hope fractal will still develop their amp models and effects.

They are talking about beta coming soon in the AX3 thread hopefully FM3 guys get a version as well
crazy amount of work sounds like he has 15 amps done

When Cygnus appears, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then a new modeler will come, the last and best, and all Fractal Audio-disciples will live happy ever after and all the Kemper-stuff and all the other modelers will be gone forever. And there will be no more tube-amps too ... oh sorry, I felt asleep for a moment!
O Captain! my Captain!
And the best Kemper and QC profiles will be of Fractal amp models
O Captain! my Captain!
And Cliff says, "Make it so!"

After a year with a kemper, I can say that I hate profiles. It feels really limiting to me. Imagine being stuck with an amp with the knobs stuck. I much prefer the modeling philosophy, so I hope fractal will still develop their amp models and effects.

That’s the main reason I haven’t been interested in a Kemper. I think what would set a Fractal profiler apart is that Cliff could incorporate the component level into the profiles/captures/whatever, so where with Kempers or QC’s, you’re stuck with what they set as the parameters for the B/M/T/Gain knobs, as where Fractal would be able to add the actual EQ section from the real amp, maybe using a drop down menu or something. Like if you profiled a Dual Rec, then load it into a preset, in the profile block there’s a drop down menu where you select the amp closest to that profile and Bob’s your uncle. I have no clue how they program that stuff so it might not even be a possibility, but in my un-educated head it works!

That’s the main reason I haven’t been interested in a Kemper. I think what would set a Fractal profiler apart is that Cliff could incorporate the component level into the profiles/captures/whatever, so where with Kempers or QC’s, you’re stuck with what they set as the parameters for the B/M/T/Gain knobs, as where Fractal would be able to add the actual EQ section from the real amp, maybe using a drop down menu or something. Like if you profiled a Dual Rec, then load it into a preset, in the profile block there’s a drop down menu where you select the amp closest to that profile and Bob’s your uncle. I have no clue how they program that stuff so it might not even be a possibility, but in my un-educated head it works!
That's basically what's described in last Cliff's patent.

Back
Top Bottom