Ares is coming to the AX8?

Gut is hoping for an announcement for a successor to the Ax8 with a,
BTW, here’s the last update to the Ax8.
Maybe something at the Axe show in Apr.

would love it (ARES update for AX8), but my understanding is that, unlike for the Axe-Fx II/XLs, there is just insufficient memory space for the code changes ARES would need/require to work similarly in the AX8?!!

That said, if anyone can surmount the challenge, Cliff can. But I am not holding my breath.

Well the magician Cliffster, found a way to dump some code to get it into the other models.
I am sure there is stuff that could get wacked in the AX8 .......heres hoping....
;)

Agreed! By the time they come out with a new version I'll almost have a handle on the workflow!

This thing is awesome.

I don’t recall reading the Ax8 didn’t have room for firmware updates.
The only I thought was the first gen AxeII that didn’t have enough space for an update, then they deleted some older stuff that wasn’t needed.
Who knows, would be nice to know if we're on the radar.
I recall it had taken a couple weeks for one update.
Cross fingers n toes.

It’s been a full month since Ares 1.0 for the DISCONTINUED II.
So by that logic, the silence speaks volumes.

I will just say this:
1) Ares 1.03 was released in the last hour. It includes a fix for a bug from the Ares port.
2) Cliff has said before that the AX8 typically will get an update once the respective Axe-FX II firmware revision is "golden".

I hope you'll take these into account. IMO no one should be looking for a decree (or its absence) from on high every time the AX8 takes a little longer to update. It seems perfectly reasonable that he'd want to make final commits and close out active development for a discontinued product before continuing development for the AX8.

Last edited:
That really makes no sense. The AX8 is an active product. The II has been discontinued for over a year. It makes no sense to favor II development over AX8 development.
But your AX8 is cheaper than even discontinued FX-II so you have to wait in the upgrade queue. Am I right?

Sorry, what? I believe the AX8 is also cheaper than the AxeFX Ultra (discontinued for many years), so by your logic that one should get updates before the AX8 as well?

But why - I get that AxeFXII has been Cliff's baby for many years, but other than that, I can think of no reason not to develop directly to the AX8 - especially if you want it to look like, AX8 is a current product.

But why - I get that AxeFXII has been Cliff's baby for many years, but other than that, I can think of no reason not to develop directly to the AX8 - especially if you want it to look like, AX8 is a current product.

This is just guessing but as a software developer I might prefer a powerful environment to do initial coding, testing, and debugging.

But isn't it double work? First porting the code to one platform and next porting to another platform with different capabilities.

But isn't it double work? First porting the code to one platform and next porting to another platform with different capabilities.

It might sound like unnecessary extra work to first develop for the AxeFX2 and then port it to the AX8. But don't forget that the AX8 is a spin-off of the AxeFX2 and so it wouldn't be a surprise when the entire development and test tools chain was
centered around the AxeFX2 and somewhere further down the road the AX8 branches of.

Back
Top Bottom