ARES has landed!

Great to have this sitting on my desk ready for me to dig into. Not gonna rack it till the fc's get released. Have only logged a few minutes on it so far due to having surgery on my Achilles today, but it sounded great with my tele when I did.

Hopefully tomorrow I can make it downstairs to spend some time with it. I need to run a few different guitars through it and start tweaking. I do have to say it looks great and the screen is really responsive; the flow is new, yet familiar and intuitive. Can't wait to be mobile enough to start using all those in and outs.

GREAT JOB! Kudos to the team and prayers for the loss in your team member's family.

DISCLAIMER- Before I get flamed for the 11r, I was using it for my 12 yr old son when we played together. He will now get my 2xl handed down to him and the 11r will be donated to a kid in the church praise band I help with. There is always somebody out there that will love our outdated gear.

Attachments

• 20180404_175030_resized.jpg
    20180404_175030_resized.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 184
11rack is still the best sounding modeler in it's price range. The amp modeling itself is better than Helix IMO, but its cabs and effects are pretty limited.

Why would you get flamed for owning an 11r? I have a POD XT for goodness sake. We're allowed to own things. :D

11rack is still the best sounding modeler in it's price range. The amp modeling itself is better than Helix IMO, but its cabs and effects are pretty limited.

The 11r was great when it came out for the the options and interface it had. Used with a ir plugin it was usable. The stock cabs made it not usable imho. I also had a gsp1101 around the same time and it was hands down a better unit. But, around the time I bought the 11r, amplitude 3 was a much better option for recording.

Nuff said about that, it is great that we live in a time that we have so many options that are amazing, useful, and easy to use. To be able to sit down and record a demo in an hour or 2 that sounds like I hear it in my head is a blessing.

The 3 pretty much allows me to set up any rig that I can imagine, and I don't know about you guys, but I tinker and stew over my setup quite a bit. I believe the ability to spend time during the day mentally working up a rig, then being able to spend a few minutes implementing it is perfection. It's like living at the Lego factory.

Anywho, hope everyone is enjoying theirs and hopefully I can make it down stairs today to play around with mine. Couch life sucks!

On the 11rack, I think I remember Cliff complementing on its hardware quality. Nice devices to have!

11 rack is better than Helix? Really?
I thought Helix was the closest competitor to to Axe FX, while 11r was some last gen stuff...

11 rack is better than Helix? Really?
I thought Helix was the closest competitor to to Axe FX, while 11R was some last gen stuff...
Oh as a package, you're right. I'm only speaking to the amp models themselves - not the fx or cabs, where Helix is objectively more capable. Also in the US the 11R is about $300 - quite a bit cheaper than the Helix.
Even though the models themselves are getting up there in age, many of the amps on the 11R are still tasty if you treat it as a preamp, running into an IR box or sim.

Back
Top Bottom