ARES for AX8

' Again, if it's only the recurring theme of 11 switches vs 3, I can asure you that those 3 switches can do way more than the AX8's. '
ah, size doesn't count eh? LOL

Apart from the length...look at the girth!!! All the girls love an Ax8! ;)

There's a lot of misinformation or misinterpreting of information as well as a lot of ignorance going on in this thread.

Ares is the latest modeling platform that Fractal is using for their products, which are currently the Axe Fx III and the FM3.

The Axe Fx II and the AX8 used Quantum modeling and after the release of the Axe Fx III, Fractal was able to port "most of the Ares platform" (Axe Fx Wiki) to the Axe Fx II. They were then able to port "some of the 'Ares' modeling from the Axe Fx III" (AX8 FW 10.0 Release notes). Although the Axe Fx II and AX8 Firmware updates are named "Ares", this does not mean they run the complete Ares modeling platform. They simply do not have the processing power to do so.

I had an AX8 and Axe Fx III at the same time for awhile and while the AX8 did sound very similar to the Axe Fx III with AX8 FW 10.0's Ares porting, (so much so that I questioned why I bought the Axe Fx III) it didn't take long for the Axe Fx III to distance itself from the AX8 in feel and tone through Firmware updates. To me, the Axe Fx III's FW version 11.0, was when the difference became quite noticeable.

I now have an FM3 along with the Axe Fx III and they are very close to the same when it comes to tone and feel. To say that the AX8 with Ares 2.0 "would shoot down the FM3 in flames" is completely unfounded and inaccurate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom