Ares 1.03 latest release?

Nah, he mentioned a couple times well this is the last one.....probably unless someone finds some MAJOR bug or something, but there are no more firmware to come, don't get your hopes up.....

He actually said it twice in that thread alone LOL
So we're pretty sure there are no more updates

I got my iii two days ago, and I can tell you, I can't blame him for focusing all his attention on the iii, it is INCREDIBLE!!!! It takes everything you love about the 2, does it twice as well and then gives you a TON of other options and cool features.

I haven't even switched on my ii since, and I was REALLY excited about the Ares 1.03 update....it's THAT GOOD!!!

So the 2 is officially retired, and the new kid on the block is the center of attention-and with just cause!!

IIt takes everything you love about the 2, does it twice as well

Seriously? Does it “twice as well”? C’mon, I highly doubt it. More features, more room for more (I don’t know what) okay... maybe some need that.

As Cliff said... most of the ares from the III is in the II, and there’s not much difference in sound. I’m not trying to be sarcastic, but maybe the placebo effect is what you’re hearing?

Sure, I’d get a III if I can, I haven’t heard an in the room side by side comparison but the II is STILL great and will remain to be. Personally, I don’t see that I’d forget about my II and sell it because of the III. YMMV

Feature wise, it makes the 2 feel almost like an antique...sound-wise the 2 sounds close now, yes, but the FEEL!! OMG!!!! It feels like a Ferrari, and the 2 feels stiff in comparison....not knocking the 2 by any means, but the 3 is DEFINITELY better in many, many ways...I'll probably do a write up on it, but I wanted to use it for at least a week and compare it with the 2 and ax8....but there is no comparison really.....the 2 is AMAZING, but the 3 is PHENOMENAL!

YMMV, but don't knock it till you tried it-all these III users cat be wrong.....

It feels like a Ferrari, and the 2 feels stiff in comparison....

I have them sitting next to each other for the moment (I'm programming the II to use for my band ), and I agree with this. It's a subtle difference, but after I've played on the III for a bit, I'm reluctant to switch back.

He actually said it twice in that thread alone LOL
So we're pretty sure there are no more updates

Thing is though, also he said that there was nothing being planned when asked about a potential Axe III. And then the III came along a few months later. He may even mean it this time, I'm not expecting anything new to happen. And other then some extra effects I don't even want anything new to happen. It sounds fine the way it is. It sounded fine the way it was several upgrades back. But if there suddenly came another announcement that there's going to be a 1.04 upgrade, or a 2.0, lets just say I'm not going to be surprised. I thought 1,1 was going to be the last one, and then 1.3 comes along. Whatever happens, happens.

Feature wise, it makes the 2 feel almost like an antique...sound-wise the 2 sounds close now, yes, but the FEEL!! OMG!!!! It feels like a Ferrari, and the 2 feels stiff in comparison....not knocking the 2 by any means, but the 3 is DEFINITELY better in many, many ways...I'll probably do a write up on it, but I wanted to use it for at least a week and compare it with the 2 and ax8....but there is no comparison really.....the 2 is AMAZING, but the 3 is PHENOMENAL!

YMMV, but don't knock it till you tried it-all these III users cat be wrong.....

I’m certainly not knocking the III, why would I ... but based on how you compare them it seems like the II is an old dinosaur in your opinion.

“Feel” wise, I’m experimenting with some amp parameters that I usually don’t touch and the graphic EQ’s to fine tune the tone. I’m still reading and learning. These can bring out more “feel”, and I’ve noticed that some models clean up better than before with the guitars volume control... ex: the Marshall’s.

Feature wise... I don’t know what else can be implicated that’s not already there... but I’m not Cliff.

I’m curious to hear a side by side comparison. Heck... I still think my Ultra is pretty darn good, I use it for rehearsals. Plus, it’s good to have a backup just in case.

I’m certainly not knocking the III, why would I ... but based on how you compare them it seems like the II is an old dinosaur in your opinion.

“Feel” wise, I’m experimenting with some amp parameters that I usually don’t touch and the graphic EQ’s to fine tune the tone. I’m still reading and learning. These can bring out more “feel”, and I’ve noticed that some models clean up better than before with the guitars volume control... ex: the Marshall’s.

Feature wise... I don’t know what else can be implicated that’s not already there... but I’m not Cliff.

I’m curious to hear a side by side comparison. Heck... I still think my Ultra is pretty darn good, I use it for rehearsals. Plus, it’s good to have a backup just in case.

Live EQ curve would be nice...

Only thing I'm sad about is never getting a 'midi block.' Would have been great to send out PCs and CC to different channels to save having to mess around programming my foot controller :) but hey ho :)

On a more positive note, I never really use high gain amps but the skull crusher model is just epic :) spent all morning with it until my ears started bleeding :)

Back
Top Bottom