Bug? Ares 1.03 Axe-Fx II low end thump when changing presets

simeon

Axe-Master
it's pretty quiet at bedroom level, but at gig volume it's very apparent

the volume of the thump seems to vary from preset to preset

i've included two presets. i get a massive thump if i change from "lap steel clean" to "arc amps recording". you should be able to hear this very clearly.

if you bypass the amp blocks in both presets, the thump goes away.

Attachments

• Lap Steel Clean.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Arc amps recording.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
btw, i have volume blocks attached to external 1 after the amp block, so bypass those, remove, or make sure external 1 is at 100%

I also got different noises by switching Presets or Scenes. But I thought it was caused by Axe Edit (correct version to 1.03) - I didnt´t switch with the MFC till today.

this happened once before if i remember rightly and cliff managed to fix it in short order, so hopefully even though this is the last firmware i'm hoping to see a fix. it's pretty bad, especially between the two presets i posted above.

Last edited:
this happened once before if i remember rightly and cliff managed to fix it in short order, so hopefully even though this is the last firmware i'm hoping to see a fix. it's pretty bad, especially between the two presets i posted above.

Yes I can remember that amp/preset switching pop was an issue long time ago. It was pretty annoying I can remember. Hope this bug gets fixed. Wouldn't be good if the last FW has this kind of a bug since most people will update to the last FW. Is it only with 1.03 or also with earlier Ares (or Quantum) versions? I haven't updated to Ares yet (still on Q8.02)....

Does it also do it with Amp A to B or Amp 1 to Amp 2 switching in the same preset or with amp A B switching in scenes?

Do you think we get a fix for this? It has been said it was the final FW. But it would be a pity if the final update has this kind of a bug. Since it is the final one at least the bugs 'should' be solved. I don't want to update to the last FW now since I don't want this thump (and some other smaller bugs I have read here). Staying on Quantum 8 for now until this gets fixed.

Last edited:

Hi Simeon, how did you manage this bug/problem by now? Did you revert back to an older firmware or did you learn to live with it?

Still on the same firmware. Still getting thumps. Pretty disappointed that this hasn’t been fixed.

Yes I agree it’s dissapointing that we are left with this bug. At least we should have a bug free last firmware. Especially since it is a very annoying bug. Shouldn’t be a real hard fix because it wasn’t there before.

If it's a bug I'm quite convinced it will be corrected, but maybe FAS is waiting for other bugs to pop up and also putting this for the time being at low priority, seems logic to me.

Back
Top Bottom