Bug? Ares 1.0 - Freeze When Scrolling Through Amp List ("Type")

If this does in fact have something to do with the Ares update, the easy fix would be to roll back, but I just wanted to make note of this:

On occasion, when I'm scrolling through the first page of the Amp block settings (the Type page/list), either with the "page" buttons on the unit or the encoder wheel, the unit will simply freeze and I have to shut it off and turn it back on. This never happened to me before the Ares update. I think that every time this occurred, I was on a preset that contained a tone match block. That may or may not have something to do with it... Also, each time, it was connected to my computer via USB, my computer was on, and I was not using Axe Edit.

This also happened to me, but the preset i was working on didn't have tonematch. I was scrolling through amp list page/ then froze. Big problem is now I have multiple presets that freeze if i use the value wheel to change. #002, #008, #030 etc. Tried overwriting but that same number preset still freezes. I can use nav to skip 10, hit store/ overwrite on frozen preset with a preset that isn't frozen, and it doesn't remedy...still froze. When rebooted on frozen preset I can use value wheel to scroll down without freezing but if i scroll up to or past frozen preset, it does exactly that- freezes. Any advice before i do something stupid???

Thanks for the reply, it's really appreciated. Was losing my mind all day at work. First was a feeling of dread, and then anger for buying an expensive 2nd hand brick that lasted about as long as a pack of strings. The link for 2.0 isn't on the download page, but found it on the forum.

Fixed!! NOTE: everytime it froze, I power cycled unit off/on for fresh start...This was my process to come to the solution (don't do this in the order i did, to fix it: skip to bottomof my post)
  • Used axe front panel to overwrite corrupt preset(didn't work/ still frozen)
  • Used fractal bot to overwrite from old backup (didn't help)
  • Updated firmware from ares 1.03 to 2.0. (Those specific preset slots were still bugged. )
  • Overwriting from axe front panel 2nd time after update. (didn't help. )
  • Had fractal bot backup timeout because of corrupted presets.
  • Backed up presets in bank A, 1 at a time.
  • Used an old back up to overwrite bank A.
  • Fixed.
In conclusion: overwriting the corrupted file didn't work until I updated firmware and then used fractal bot to overwrite everything on bank A.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom