Are you successfully using your AX8 via s/pdif?

If you followed this thread then you are aware of my constant frustration trying to make S/PDIF work with the 2nd Gen Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 on Mac OS Sierra (so much that I ended up selling it)...

Well, I have awesome news!!!

Last week I ordered the new Gen 3 18i20 (yeah, I know...), it arrived just a couple hours ago and right out of the box: IT F***ING WORKS!!! :D

I dunno what went under the hood between 2nd and 3rd Gen 18i20, but whatever they did, the guys at Focusrite restored my faith in them, LOL.

Even if you happen to have any issues with the S/PDIF RCA input, the 3rd Gen 18i20 now accepts S/PDIF via the optical ADAT inputs too so you can use the RCA to Toslink digital converter method (although I haven't tried it myself right now).

If you followed this thread then you are aware of my constant frustration trying to make S/PDIF work with the 2nd Gen Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 on Mac OS Sierra (so much that I ended up selling it)...

Last week I ordered the new Gen 3 18i20 (yeah, I know...), it arrived just a couple hours ago and right out of the box: IT F***ING WORKS!!! :D

I dunno what went under the hood between 2nd and 3rd Gen 18i20, but whatever they did, the guys at Focusrite restored my faith in them, LOL.

Even if you happen to have any issues with the S/PDIF RCA input, the 3rd Gen 18i20 now accepts S/PDIF via the optical ADAT inputs too so you can use the RCA to Toslink digital converter method (although I haven't tried it myself right now).

Wow, that's great news! Hopefully the same goes for their other updated interfaces. Thanks for reporting back AJ!

Happy to hear mate, glad you got it sorted.....in the end!

Mine was the exact opposite. Worked great on my 2nd gen 18i20 but can't get it right on my 3rd get. Mind sending a pic of your interface settings? I am missing something somewhere haha

I'm not in town ATM but if you look at this image, as far as I can remember you only need to check for this three things:

Sample Rate - 48 kHz
Clock Source - External
Digital I/O Mode - S/PDIF RCA

Screen_Shot_2019-07-01_at_16.00.17.png

Back
Top Bottom