Are there any good Bonamassa and Timmons presets out there?

For Bonamassa, what rig?
After getting into Black Country Communion, I discovered his rig, which has (typically) four amps, with two going at any point. I also discovered Bonamassa fans who did not care for this era of Bonamassa, hearkening back to "the old days tone."

There are 2 Gary Moore patches that are available. They were posted for the II approximately 2 months ago.

I've had very, very good results for JB running the HBE with the Wrecker or the ODS-100. He has used both on albums and the HBE is fairly close to the Marshall clones he uses live. Throw the BB Pre before them or the TS808 Mod.

For AT, use the Texas Star with the BB Pre. Hard to go amiss.

A little tweaking off stock should get you fairly close.

Actually one of the things I might try to profile when 6.0 comes out is Joe B's tone. He has several Youtube demo clips with him just noodling, guitar only, through his rig, which I am hoping will be a good enough source to sample.

I believe there is a preset called "So Many Roads" on the Ultra which was an attempt to cop his tone. It was pretty good, although I think the delay was not quite right.

I have had forum conversations with Alan from Carol Ann amps (he builds amps for Joe), and he mentioned that Joe almost always has a soft tremolo running, which gives his tone a bit of a unique flavour. It's hard to hear with his overdriven tones, but it certainly adds something to his delay slapback. Certainly, in talking to Joe during his last Aussie tour, he had a Mooger Fooger Ring Modulator on his pedalboard - it might have been for a trem effect?!?

I think at one stage I added a trem on a low mix to the "So Many Roads" preset and it came a lot closer to Joe's tone from a couple of years back.

Back
Top Bottom