Are the Mac OS X drivers working for USB Audio

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
I just got a brand new Macbook Pro. Has very little on it. Trying to configure AFX II as the audio device. Driver installed, shows up in sound preferences, selected in output/input, input shows levels moving, when I play the Axe or audio via iTunes, etc, I get nothing. Monitoring with headphones on the Axe itself. Let me know if I am doing something wrong or there are some more experiments to try. I'm a Mac noob so I may be doing something dumb.

Looks like everything is checked off right in the Mac side. Other than that, the only other thing I can think is to check your USB levels in the I/O screen I think? It should be at 0 db. If you were previously using USB on your computer before and have already done this than disregard.

Looks like everything is checked off right in the Mac side. Other than that, the only other thing I can think is to check your USB levels in the I/O screen I think? It should be at 0 db. If you were previously using USB on your computer before and have already done this than disregard.

Thanks will try this...

Also more info, no surprise since it is a new box, it is running 10.10.x

The top row (near screen) keys on the keyboard have three volume keys, softer/louder and on/off. As you dont have sound with itunes, did you switch off sound by accident?

The top row (near screen) keys on the keyboard have three volume keys, softer/louder and on/off. As you dont have sound with itunes, did you switch off sound by accident?

Thanks guys, I'm back w the AFX and MAc, looks like the USB return level in the I/O menu was all the way down. ;-) Didn't even know that setting was on the Axe. All working now! Thanks for the help!

So everything is good with 10.10? I've been holding back because I was worried about software issues.

The Mac OS X driver is not a real driver - it just gives the host cpu the USB class compliant 2.0 definitions because they were not stored in the internal memory. The axefx does not feature real core audio compatibility , it uses the audio class compliant 2.0 standard which only works on Mac OS X at the moment....

Cheers
Paco

Back
Top Bottom