Are Phil and Viv using Brit Pre or JMPRE-1 on the III?

@jzguitar: if there are monitors on stage coming right from the AXE3 and monitors coming from the AES (to the board and back again), there has to be some time-alignment issues that would cause some comb-filtering and other audio weirdness that would reduce the on-stage clarity. How are they compensating for this?

The sound from the Atomic CLR wedges just covers the area in front of the lower video screen on Phil's side. I don't think there is much guitar coming out of the other wedges, so it hasn't been an issue.

From the JMP amp block right into a cab block (that consists of a blend of 3 cabs). Most of the chorus patches are the Dimension models.

I have a question about the use of the chorus. For live performance the Dimension sounds great in stereo after the CAB (or between the AMP and the CAB with L/R panned CABs), but what do they use on studio when double tracking fully panned L/R? Maybe a chorus is not needed there? Or perhaps a subtle mono chorus on each panned track?

I am listening the isolated tracks from the Love Bites cover at karaoke-version and I think there is no chorus at the individual L/R panned tracks of the distorted guitar (e.g.: the track named "Distorted Electric Guitar 1"). I am curious to know what they actually do

Last edited:
I know it's an old thread, but I'll add what I've heard:

He is using the JMPre-1 OD1
He is using York Audio IRs
I've had luck turning the mids down a little (to about 3.5)
Lots of chorus, delay, reverb, etc.
I also think a little boost in front of the amp helps.

Back
Top Bottom