Are Phil and Viv using Brit Pre or JMPRE-1 on the III?

So being on the ax fx 2xl+ If i am on firmware 10.01 how much am i missing from not being on the three as far as this sound goes? I am a huge phil collen fan and have him set up pretty close on my ax fx now so how much closer would if i had the 3 or how far behind am i from his sound on the 3??

Oh Does phil go from the jmpre-1 od in to an ir cab or does it go in to a amp model first for use as a power amp such as the "tube pre" Also his he using the triangle chorus now or or the new tri chorus in his presets?

I also wonder what cab he is using as I know some were mentioned but I know from severl times he has talked about using2 evh cabs for on stage volume i wonder if he is still doing that for his ears but yet using fractal for the FOH?

Phil's actually the guy that got me into guitar in the first place and still a big influence

The old rig was JMP1 > AxeFX for effects > Old Randall power amps into the FOH and Phil did at one point have a couple of EVH 4x12's for on stage that weren't miked

I'd guess the new rig is the same combining the JMP and AxeFx into one unit with the same signal path from there.

Unless @AdminMatt can shed any light

Phil's actually the guy that got me into guitar in the first place and still a big influence

The old rig was JMP1 > AxeFX for effects > Old Randall power amps into the FOH and Phil did at one point have a couple of EVH 4x12's for on stage that weren't miked

I'd guess the new rig is the same combining the JMP and AxeFx into one unit with the same signal path from there.

Unless @AdminMatt can shed any light

The new rig signal path is: Shure Wireless > RJM switcher > AXE III > Atomic CLR powered wedges. The onstage wedges are just for monitoring purposes. We're using the AES digital output on the III to go to FOH and monitor world.

I also wonder what cab he is using as I know some were mentioned but I know from severl times he has talked about using2 evh cabs for on stage volume i wonder if he is still doing that for his ears but yet using fractal for the FOH?

We've got two Atomic CLR powered wedges onstage behind the smaller video wall. They are just for some stage volume since the Axe III is sending a digital signal out to FOH.

The new rig signal path is: Shure Wireless > RJM switcher > AXE III > Atomic CLR powered wedges. The onstage wedges are just for monitoring purposes. We're using the AES digital output on the III to go to FOH and monitor world.

Thanks mate, really interesting. Would you say which amp models the guys are using, or are both Phil and Viv using models of the old Marshall JMP1 preamp?

And is Sav using a Fractal rig?

Just tried this with a slightly panned out blend of the mesa v30 and Brit cab advised.
Interesting mid gain vibe. A balanced EQ response compared to some British amps and an overall smooth feel, as if there is some inherent compression in the amp itself.

So its not as dynamic as a plexi but I can see how it will sit really well in a mix too.
With those cabs I dailed up the mids and treble and little and dialed back the bass some. 4/6/6 for B/m/t/ to start.
I'll try other variants of the those cabs and also the lynchback mix, haven't tried that yet.

BTW, I'm hitting it with a Suhr Modern Shred Mk2 (day-glo) which I was lucky enough to get signed by Phil C at G3 in 2018!

With the JMP Pre I've really enjoyed using a mix of

60 - 2x12 MAR-66 OH-GREEN 57 OH, and
63 - 2x12 MAR-66 OH-GREEN U70 OH

In fact I find that a great pair of speakers to use with tons of the higher gain amps. Articulate and direct sound.

Back
Top Bottom