• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Are Phil and Viv using Brit Pre or JMPRE-1 on the III?

NightWalker

Forum Addict
With the JMP Pre I've really enjoyed using a mix of

60 - 2x12 MAR-66 OH-GREEN 57 OH, and
63 - 2x12 MAR-66 OH-GREEN U70 OH

In fact I find that a great pair of speakers to use with tons of the higher gain amps. Articulate and direct sound.
what settings are you using on the JMP Pre?

Chiguete

Inspired
The amp model you are looking for is "JMPre-1 OD1"
Just wondering, do they us an overdrive/eq/comp/filter before the amp block or just get all the time from the amp block? Also, do they do real deep on the amp block advance options? I'm hoping on doing a Def Leopard tribute show in a couple of months and this will shure help!

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I was back stage for the sound check at a recent Last in Line show (Vivian's Dio side proj) You can Vivian's Amp of choice is right here:

No effects, no tuner, nothing in the chain but a Wah. Engl cab and Blackmoore signature heads. Super clear and brutally loud. I had to put ear plugs in. What a great experience especially since the last time I saw Viv was when the real Dokken with Lynch opened for him while with Dio in 84 ish .

Last edited:

Chiguete

Inspired
I was back stage for the sound check at a recent Last in Line show (Vivian's Dio side proj) You can Vivian's Amp of choice is right here:
https://vimeo.com/manage/312323866/general

No effects, no tuner, nothing in the chain but a Wah. Engl cab and Blackmoore signature heads. Super clear and brutally loud. I had to put ear plugs in. What a great experience especially since the last time I saw Viv was when the real Dokken with Lynch opened for him while with Dio in 84 ish .
Looks like I can't see that without having a Vimeo Pro account :/

Top Bottom