Are Phil and Viv using Brit Pre or JMPRE-1 on the III?

Metal1993

Inspired
So it was mentioned that new patches were done for Vivan and Phil, so I wonder on the Axe 3 if they are using the brit pre model or the jmpre-1 model on the axe 3?

I saw Viv at the Canyon Club a few months back. His tone was so sweet, I said he has to be using the AxeFx. Yep he was, but it was the II, and it was in Def Leppard Racks

I watched some 'rig rundown' the other day...and Viv's tech said:

'we uploaded the stems from the recording to the rack' ... huh? I reckoned he meant IRs but then he went on to show a JMP1 and a Palmer speaker simulator in the rack. I don't know what the hell these guys were up to.

'we uploaded the stems from the recording to the rack' ... huh? I reckoned he meant IRs but then he went on to show a JMP1 and a Palmer speaker simulator in the rack. I don't know what the hell these guys were up to.

Old video. Think he was talking about tone matching.

Phil tends to go for JCM800's in amp sims I know he's recorded with, so I'm guessing that's what he's gone for

Just a guess unless anyone at Fractal has any insider info they'd care to share

I saw Viv at the Canyon Club a few months back. His tone was so sweet, I said he has to be using the AxeFx. Yep he was, but it was the II, and it was in Def Leppard Racks

Would this have been with the Riverdogs, as he tends to go for his Engls with Last in Line.
I think that rack has a JMP1 in, so maybe the JMP1 for tone and Fractal for effects

This rig rundown is out of date.

Oh cool - I LOVE the first Riverdogs album and didn’t even realize they had new material out.

Me too. Haven't listened to it in ages...

They did a new album with Viv last year and said in a few interviews they'd used the first album as a template.
They did another album with Viv about 10 years ago which os OK but no their finest hour
They did a couple without him in the early 90's that were nowhere near as gutsy but really good. Rob Lamothe can certainly sing

Some cabs you might like to try with that amp model:
Factory 2 #97 2x12 RECTO V60 57 OH
Factory 2 #95 4x12 UBER V30 57 OFF-AXIS
Factory 2 #530 4x12 BRIT 70s GB 121 I

Thanks Matt.

I haven't got an AX3 but this is interesting seeing as Phil got me into the guitar in the first place and Viv is one of my biggest influences too

Back
Top Bottom