Are Jay Mitchell's far-field IRs downloadable from anywhere?

omg I have now with the above so many IR's I could spend 5 years and go deaf trying them and if you add combinations, I might go insane.

Could someone post the public JM FF IRs into one zip file to save us the scavenger hunt? This will hold us over until Jay has his new set available for purchase, and will give the poster 1D20 coolness points!

Last edited:
so are ownhammers promised new blends a potential solution eg. the best of both worlds? It also sounds like essentially like nf are for "recorded" sounds (as we are used to) and for that amp in the room feel perhaps a combination is best, in the frfr world. Has anyone come up with a mix of the few farfields (Jays) and NF all others for some good tones, esp of course high gain? How would one do this best on the axe, series cabs parallel? Im sure there are no wrong answers but ideally?

Scott Peterson did a mixIR thread on the ULTRA forum, I don't know if the thread still exists but as far as I remember he'd use quite a low percentage of Room mic'd cab sth like 5 -10% only. I still use a few of RW IRmixes constructed that way and am quite comfortable with them.In some situations they may seem to have just a tiny bit too few low end, but in the bandmix they work flawless; I'm not "walking" on my comusicians "feet" anytime.

Scott Peterson did a mixIR thread on the ULTRA forum, I don't know if the thread still exists but as far as I remember he'd use quite a low percentage of Room mic'd cab sth like 5 -10% only. I still use a few of RW IRmixes constructed that way and am quite comfortable with them.In some situations they may seem to have just a tiny bit too few low end, but in the bandmix they work flawless; I'm not "walking" on my comusicians "feet" anytime.

IIRC, his current Axe Fx II "Quick Tips" show a NF and FF stereo cab panned center, no mic's, no room.

Richard

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.. Can someone who still has it please upload this zip? Thanks in advance!

Two IRs from the zip file are the ones that we have in the Axe-Fx as stock cabs IIRC. I have the zip and I can send it to you.

OH released a few free ones years back, they are V30 FFs, I use them in all my presets.

OH released a few free ones years back, they are V30 FFs, I use them in all my presets.

Yeah I found the thread but they offerred'em for free for a limited period before the official release, and sharing them is forbidden

Back
Top Bottom