Are it me?

plyall

Power User
Or is the input gain structure changed? I found that in order to keep many of my presets from spiking the output CLIP meters, I have had to turn my gain down to 0.319. Erhmmm - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Oscar?

would output clip meters be affected by input gain?

what gain are you talking about exactly, that you turned down to .319?

could it be that new gate parameter?

Are it me, lol. I read a post about volume change, but not sure it had to do with gain, just overall volume...

Well it seems to matter here. I have never mucked with the input gain parameter before. Now it 'fixes' the problem.

Chris - input Gain in this case = input trim. Yes it makes a difference.

I have noticed a big volume change in my main presets with 14. Please go easy on me I played through a Marshall JCM 800 for 20 years and got my Ax Fx 2, 6 months ago and this is my only experience in amp modeling. I must say I love this thing and have not turned on any of my amps in months. But there are so many things to tweak on sometimes it is overwhelming. I have went through my presets and turned down my amp blocks master volume and it is all good. is this the correct way to go about this? I love that new TAF mars 4x12 IR. Thanks for all the help and knowledge from this forum. I'm setting up scenes in my presets now from reading posts on this forum.....Thanks

Last edited:
When it only is about volume level, use the amp level parameter to set it. Changing the master volume will alter you tone.

I was trying to dial in a high-gain Euro Red Modern patch for a customer and the low end was flubby. I saw he had the MV at 4.0 or so and sort of dismissed it. I started tweaking and just couldn't get the low end right. The low end was thin but if I increased the Bass or Depth it got muddy.

Then I remembered that the MV seemed a bit high. I lowered the MV to 3.0 and raised the level to compensate. Much better. I lowered the MV some more to about 2.0. Perfect.

So, even though I've harped on this many times before, don't overlook your MV setting. Modern high-gain amps can easily push the power amp into clipping at relatively low MV settings. With the real amp it gets incredibly loud at those settings so you instinctively reduce the MV. In our virtual world we are unaware of how hard the virtual power amp is being pushed.

I had read this and noticed my master volumes were all around 5. That's why I lowered the Master instead of the volume. On a real Marshall I used to crank the master to get that overdrive. But on the ax I guess 3 to 4 is a good range. This is all new to me thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom