Are Fractal's efforts well directed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH-2

Inspired
Hi to all,

First I want to say that I am Fractal user since the Axe Fx II and after trying several processors I still think it's the best in terms of sound, but not in other respects.

I've always thought that I would have liked to have certain pedals and amps for bass before having so many software updates. For example, I have been waiting for more than 5 years to incorporate the Darkglass Alpha Omega and I'm still carrying the pedal to all the live shows. Many people expect this but it never comes.

What are the points to improve for a future Axe Fx IV? Its old appearance, not having a touch screen and not having a small and powerful floor unit apart from the cheap FM3 (being able to have 2 amps at the same time and several features of the Axe Fx III).

I would also like to know your opinions.

Thanks

Last edited:
The FM3 is certainly not cheap. competitors products with similar functionality are around half the money. However, if you want the juice you have to squeeze the orange. You want the best models and the most flexibility, they cost money.
I also prefer the no nonsense Death Star look of things.
Personally if I had a cant live without pedal, I’d probably still be using the pedal even if they modeled it.

Hi to all,

First I want to say that I am Fractal user since the Axe Fx II and after trying several processors I still think it's the best in terms of sound, but not in other respects.

I've always thought that I would have liked to have certain pedals and amps for bass before having so many software updates. For example, I have been waiting for more than 5 years to incorporate the Darkglass Alpha Omega and I'm still carrying the pedal to all the live shows. Many people expect this but it never comes.

What are the points to improve for a future Axe Fx IV? Its old appearance, not having a touch screen and not having a small and powerful pedalboard apart from the cheap FM3 (being able to have 2 amps at the same time and several features of the Ax Fx III).

Thanks
I hate to say I but this feels like a troll.
Why don’t you just post wish list items instead of the critical slant in your post. It would be more constructive, and invite less critical comments, which I am very sure will be forthcoming very soon. Mine included.

The FM3 is certainly not cheap. competitors products with similar functionality are around half the money. However, if you want the juice you have to squeeze the orange. You want the best models and the most flexibility, they cost money.
I also prefer the no nonsense Death Star look of things.
Personally if I had a cant live without pedal, I’d probably still be using the pedal even if they modeled it.
FM3 is the cheapest version, I think you did not understand the term. For me there is a void in a powerful pedalboard with a modern design.

I hate to say I but this feels like a troll.
Why don’t you just post wish list items instead of the critical slant in your post. It would be more constructive, and invite less critical comments, which I am very sure will be forthcoming very soon. Mine included.
My first sentence was clear, I still think it's the best in terms of sound, don't confuse terms.

FM3 is the cheapest version, I think you did not understand the term. For me there is a void in a powerful pedalboard with a modern design.
You think the FM9 is somehow underpowered? You feel the design of it is somehow dated? Maybe you can argue for a touchscreen. Personally I dont need one but understand users needs are all different.

Agree! I've always liked the military / industrial hardware look of the gear too.
Many also said that there was no need for a larger screen or color and now they no longer complain…. I respect your opinion and I'm glad you're happy with the design but it seems very old and not very modern to me.

You think the FM9 is somehow underpowered? You feel the design of it is somehow dated? Maybe you can argue for a touchscreen. Personally I dont need one but understand users needs are all different.
The FM9 is powerful but it is huge, its size is disproportionate in my opinion and the screen is very small. I always have to carry the computer with me, there are several problems that come with having that design.

Hi to all,

What are the points to improve for a future Axe Fx IV? Its old appearance, not having a touch screen and not having a small and powerful pedalboard apart from the cheap FM3 (being able to have 2 amps at the same time and several features of the Ax Fx III).

Thanks
I would agree that the bass amps\ bass FX could use some updates.

I dont think you can have something both "small" and "powerful" It going to be small with some compromises or not very small and be fairly powerful.

Which modeler on the market has a wealth of bass models? I’m asking because I dont know. For me, my go to bass sound is a UA Ampeg plugin but I’m not a bass player. I dont think my Helix plugin has many models, and I think it matches the hardware pretty closely.

The FM9 is powerful but it is huge, its size is disproportionate in my opinion and the screen is very small. I always have to carry the computer with me, there are several problems that come with having that design.
I’ll grant you a Bluetooth editor would be quite welcome. Maybe in the next version, who knows. Nothing is perfect.

I just got the FM9 and was able to edit with the screen and knobs.

I’ll grant you a Bluetooth editor would be quite welcome. Maybe in the next version, who knows. Nothing is perfect.

I just got the FM9 and was able to edit with the screen and knobs.
Surely in the next version something more modern and better will come.

I respect your opinion and I'm glad you're happy with the design but it seems very old and not very modern to me.

That's honestly one of the things I like about it.

I don't need a touch screen on a thing I step on. It's totally and completely pointless for me. What else would make it more modern? Being thinner and not having the cooling that it might need in some circumstances?

Bluetooth or some other wireless editing on phones/tablets might be a benefit. But, you can do that with USB and an adapter for the phone. And, frankly, that's another "modern" thing that pisses me off more than the old ways. My car, phone, bicycle computer/sensors, and other random electronic gadgets all connect via some wireless protocol with their own priority lists (that you sometimes can't edit easily)....and it's a constant annoyance to delete and re-pair a device because some other thing took precedence.

The bike thing is so annoying that I'd almost rather have a separate computer for each bike rather than dealing with pairing issues. My wife and I use different bluetooth speakers just so it doesn't have to guess which phone we want to use when we're both home and one of us turns one on. And, I've listened to podcasts in the car on the phone speaker because I got onto the highway before I realized it just kept trying to connect to her phone that isn't there....if it had a damn headphone port instead of the insanely stupid everything-on-one-connector-and-a-pile-of-adapters BS that Apple made up to sell you more cheap crap, I'd still be using an aux cable. A little while ago, I actually deleted the Music app from my phone because it kept taking over and playing whatever it wanted as soon as my phone paired to anything that made sound, and there was no other way to stop it (thanks, Apple).

There's a part of me that wants Fractal to never go "modern".

In a lot of ways, modern tech is one headache after another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom