Are All XL+ Units Equal?

This post is funny, but I swear that I have copied a preset to a different number, toggled back and forth between them and I swear that one sounds different.

Does it still have the clear protector sticker over the LCD? If so, then it has the mojo, if not, then you need to buy a special sauce pedal that is sold at the Fractal Store under a hidden menu.

All the even slots have a more well rounded fluidness to them, with a touch more gain. I also noticed the left channel sounds better than the right channel certain nights of the week.

This post is funny, but I swear that I have copied a preset to a different number, toggled back and forth between them and I swear that one sounds different.
Cliff made a good explanation for the reason that this and other such phenomena might appear to happen for some people a long time back ..... here

I know he's spent many hours testing the theory since then but failing eyesight and a hand tremor has left it difficult to implement a fix

Certain preset slots are known to sound better than others.

Use the Fibonacci series to decode ... then you will understand the secret presets yek is speaking of. Then of course there are the hidden Easter eggs, but that takes an old masonic map in a cryptex hidden in an old monastery somewhere in Ireland.

The early ones were really special... it seems after the initial run, quality control went downhill. Nowadays I wouldn't bother unless you are able to get on from the Custom Shop - the relic ones are especially cool..

I find the only way to get that "greasy" tone is to name the preset Turtle (something).
Works every time.
:)

Back
Top Bottom