Are all/most of your guitars the same specifications?

All over the place, but all routed in the classic/vintage designs, except for my EBMM Axis and G&L Asat Dlx.
I have a main strat and tele or two, and a few that are close to the same specs as back-ups for the #1's on tours, apart from that I look for different and unique guitars to add more tonal options.

I have many types of guitars, most with custom wiring. When I make presets in AFXII I like to make sure variations in wiring schemes like humbucker vs. single coils does offer different tones. Some Drive/Amp combinations can make these different tones less distinguishable.

Some with the same specs, some drastically different. I used to dislike switching, but now I really enjoy the differences.

Funny thing is that the one guitar I had made with what I thought would be ideal specs.....I never play. :shock

ElectricPhase, I'm curious what your ideal specs were on this guitar you rarely play?

Nothing too weird. Two hum superstrat. Floyd Rose bridge. Strat scale 1 5/8" width 22 fret neck with a 12" radius. Really comfortable custom profile--a medium V in the cowboy chord region softening to a thin C shape as you go up the neck. Rio Grande pickups, five way slider, one volume, no tone, strat style jack.

I can't understand why I didn't bond with it. In theory it combines aspects of other guitars I dig. It's perfectly made, and plays and sounds great. The only thing I can come up with is that the "drop top" using Tom Anderson terminology is a bit shallower than I'm used to, so that the uppper edge of the guitar feels like it digs into my forearm. Whatever it is, I stuck with my (mostly) off the shelf Hamers, and the custom stays on the wall. Shrug.

I have a Lado acoustic steel string w/ piezo and GK-3A
A Godin ACS-SA classical piezo w/ GK 13 pin
Takamine acoustic 12 string piezo
that covers my acoustics.

Squire vintage modern fretted and fretless basses.

For my main electrics:
Godin LGXT piezo/electric/GK-13pin
Ibanez RG1520 GBK piezo/electric/GK-13pin
Gibson LP custom 1979 black beauty
Fender YJM sig strat custom wiring
Fender strat 80s w/ custom wiring
Jackson DK2S w/Sustainiac GK-3A
Ibanez 7 string RG7420 custom wiring
Ibanez RG550XH
Washburn BSG Boogiebolt custom wiring
Washburn N2 w/ EVH D-Tuna
Steinberger ZT3 transtrem 3
Steinberger GM4TA transtrem II
Squire SG
Squire Hot Rails strat w/GK-2A
Squire strat scalloped neck custom wiring
Lado strat
Glow in the dark Strat
Epiphone ZW buzzsaw LP w/EMGs
Hofner 463 Jazz guitar

Many different styles of guitars yet many strats too, I love the comfort of the strats contoured body.
PS - I had to scale back my guitar collection ;)

I find this interesting. Thanks for all of the replies! Two things I prefer are stainless steel frets and non-painted necks; although the two are not a deal breaker. I don't prefer heavy guitars; this one is a deal breaker. A guitar about seven pounds is fine. I have minor physical issues with my shoulder and hip joint so I can't sit or stand with anything too heavy for long periods of time. I am prone to 6-9 hour practice sessions or more. After a few days of practicing with a heavy guitar, I have to put it down for a week to heal. With a lighter guitar, I can play as long as I want.

Not at all - I suppose the majority of mine have a vintage vibe, but they are all bring something different. I've got all the bases covered apart from a hollowbody.

Gibson Les Paul 2002 Standard, with Bareknuckle Mules in it for that PAF sound
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
Fender '62 Re-Issue Stratocasters, with custom Bareknuckle pups in it (based on an original set of '62 single coils)
Fender '52 Re-Issue Telecaster
PRS 513
PRS Custom 24 (bought yesterday)
Peavey Wolfgang

One thing the wife did point out to me is they're all various shades of brown. Of course, being a guitar philistine she doesn't really appreciate a good sunburst!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom