Are 2 Alto TS112s overkill for bedroom player?

awdwon

Howdy. I'm all saved up for an Axe II and am looking for some speakers. I'm primarily a bedroom player but want a stereo setup for sure, there's potential for some possible gigging but not likely. My question is - will a pair of Alto TS112/15s be overkill or would I be better off with something like some Yamaha hs80 monitors. Any opinions?

Just my opinion, but I would always go for the option that would allow you to gig or at least jam with some mates. You wouldn't want to miss out on those kind of opportunities simply because your rig won't cut it. Besides, anything worth doing is worth overdoing. If your limiting yourself to those options, I'd say go with the 12in.

Again, IMHO.

My question is - will a pair of Alto TS112/15s be overkill or would I be better off with something like some Yamaha hs80 monitors. Any opinions?

I have a pair of 15's in my small studio which replaced 5" studio monitors and they're great, really fills the room, I use them occasionally in my bigger amps/cabs room but prefer them at a lower volume in the smaller room tbh. I like a big full warm tone tho hence the 15's for plenty of low end.

Thanks guys, that's what I was leaning towards. I have some rokit 6s now and can't really push them that hard. Found a good deal locally for the ts115s so I'll probably snag those up.

Back
Top Bottom