Arduino Axe-Fx control library

Even I have the FC12 now 🤭😂
Ha, I LOVE it! Something to be said about being able to pay someone else to do it when your time might be spent better elsewhere!! Now if we could get inside the FC12's code to customize it, that might be fun as well!!!

Yeah it was a very fun and fulfilling project, and I did make a pretty cool pedal that I used at a number of gigs… but there is a certain comfort in just buying the one made to fit with all the goodies. One piece of advice I would give is don’t do DIY to save money! Do it for fun and satisfaction. And then buy a real one 😁

Still using the library and the peddleboard DIY daily and can't go without it. About DIY and your libriary: it gives the versatile ability to config it to my likings. Really satisfying indeed and saved me some cash. Absolute win-win 💯%

Cheers

Ha, I LOVE it! Something to be said about being able to pay someone else to do it when your time might be spent better elsewhere!! Now if we could get inside the FC12's code to customize it, that might be fun as well!!!
As far as ive read... you'd be a hero if you could adjust the scribble screens to dark mode and made it DIY 😂

Still using the library and the peddleboard DIY daily and can't go without it. About DIY and your libriary: it gives the versatile ability to config it to my likings. Really satisfying indeed and saved me some cash. Absolute win-win 💯%

Cheers
That’s great to hear. I really only did it for fun but I’m stoked that you’ve been able to create something that works for you!

I am still 100% stoked about the library.

I still use my FBV into arduino to play my Axe3 every day. I can make this thing act exactly how I want it to act. I'm working on incorporating my 2nd FBV into my setup.

FC12 would be neato, but this gives me absolute control. I can choose at a granular level what every button does in every context.

I have 1200 lines of code in my thingy. I think tysonlt has half that in his library to do 10x the shit. He's the man.

Hey there @tysonlt

Today i started debugging the code to get AMP1 showing as an effect. While debugging, i also discovered that CHORUS1 is not showing.
I will keep debugging to find the actual solution.

Cheers
Hey there @tysonlt

Well, allmost 1.5 years later I finally accidently discovered the problem with the AMP1 not showing up as an Effect in my 1st tft screen. The fix is so simple I can now finally get to play some guitar LOL..

Solution:
My switch code started at the effectindex case 1: instead of case 0: <-- thats it! how stupid can it be OMFG
All the time I was missing effect from the chain in my displays... I just stumbled over it reviewing my code before implementing another function.

Just wanted to update this issue and the solution to this thread.... this libriary still is absolutely awesome!

Cheers

Hey there @tysonlt

Well, allmost 1.5 years later I finally accidently discovered the problem with the AMP1 not showing up as an Effect in my 1st tft screen. The fix is so simple I can now finally get to play some guitar LOL..

Solution:
My switch code started at the effectindex case 1: instead of case 0: <-- thats it! how stupid can it be OMFG
All the time I was missing effect from the chain in my displays... I just stumbled over it reviewing my code before implementing another function.

Just wanted to update this issue and the solution to this thread.... this libriary still is absolutely awesome!

Cheers
Gotta watch those zero-based array indices. They are insidiously hard to spot due to our narural inclination to start counting at 1. The brain doesn't want to see them....

41m5OhqF5RL._AC_.jpg

The reason I ask is I always feel like large case statements are inefficient. If you had a data structure keyed on effectId, you could simply perform a lookup.
Could you point me at a document?

I've always looked at long CASE or IF blocks as wasting cycles. I just dont know the lingo. I've run into a million lectures on how you can't dynamically turn on a variable.

Lookups always come up, but I can't seem to find a best-practice coding document.

Could you point me at a document?

I've always looked at long CASE or IF blocks as wasting cycles. I just dont know the lingo. I've run into a million lectures on how you can't dynamically turn on a variable.

Lookups always come up, but I can't seem to find a best-practice coding document.
I didn't, but a quick search found this, which does a good job explaining and providing examples:

https://betterprogramming.pub/get-r...ents-with-lookup-and-hash-tables-c7dbed808996

This was my search string: "why is a hash lookup better than case statement"

I didn't, but a quick search found this, which does a good job explaining and providing examples:

https://betterprogramming.pub/get-r...ents-with-lookup-and-hash-tables-c7dbed808996

This was my search string: "why is a hash lookup better than case statement"
Good info, really interesting and easy implemented imo.

Asking such questions on coding forums end up in mostly answers like "how its meant to work" but not actuallyshowing the purpose, or like "if you need a programmer pay up". But actually examples on how its done is not so common. In my case this is a very usefull resource. Thnx for sharing

Cheers 🍻

Back
Top Bottom