AFIII Archer Select (Klon clone) to 1987x

Burgs

Power User
Everyday I use the Axe as my preferred platform for pedal demos. I know it's a bit ironic that after 3000 odd pedal demos I don't use any of them on stage, only ever the FM9 or Axe-FX III. Anyway, yesterday I had to make a vid for the Rockett Archer Select which is a great Klon clone with a few germanium and LED clipping options (all available in the current Axe firmware and then some) as well as a DI output. I ran it via I/O 3 to the 1987x Treble channel, added some dual delay (lifted largely from the Gilmour Lead preset) and a little reverb. And it sounds pretty great, I think.

Next thing to do will be to make a straight up comparison showing all of the Archer's clipping options in comparison to those found with the Klone Chiron in the current firmware. People will freak, I think. On the to-do list for next week...

The preset I used for this video is here: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10310 Note that pedal's output goes to Input 3. Pedal's DI output goes to Input 4. You can switch between the pedal's two outputs with Scenes 1 & 2. All other Scenes are muted at output.

That sounds absolutely stellar Brett. Always enjoy hearing your picking on Guitar. Archer very nice sounding great tone. I think the talented gentleman playing has a lot to do with this awesomeness :)

Thanks for sharing this video

Cheers
Fred

That sounds absolutely stellar Brett. Always enjoy hearing your picking on Guitar. Archer very nice sounding great tone. I think the talented gentleman playing has a lot to do with this awesomeness :)

Thanks for sharing this video

Cheers
Fred
Thanks, Fred. You're very kind!

Everyday I use the Axe as my preferred platform for pedal demos. I know it's a bit ironic that after 3000 odd pedal demos I don't use any of them on stage, only ever the FM9 or Axe-FX III. Anyway, yesterday I had to make a vid for the Rockett Archer Select which is a great Klon clone with a few germanium and LED clipping options (all available in the current Axe firmware and then some) as well as a DI output. I ran it via I/O 3 to the 1987x Treble channel, added some dual delay (lifted largely from the Gilmour Lead preset) and a little reverb. And it sounds pretty great, I think.

Next thing to do will be to make a straight up comparison showing all of the Archer's clipping options in comparison to those found with the Klone Chiron in the current firmware. People will freak, I think. On the to-do list for next week...

The preset I used for this video is here: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10310 Note that pedal's output goes to Input 3. Pedal's DI output goes to Input 4. You can switch between the pedal's two outputs with Scenes 1 & 2. All other Scenes are muted at output.

Brett - does the preset have the AxeFx3 version of the Klon in there, for those of us who don't have either a real Klon or this Archer pedal?

Brett - does the preset have the AxeFx3 version of the Klon in there, for those of us who don't have either a real Klon or this Archer pedal?
No, Pete. Just the routing for the hardware pedal. I can tell you, however, that the software and hardware versions are barely distinguishable. I doubt many would pass the blind test.

WOW, that pedal sounds freaking amazing!!! my next purchase, thanks @Burgs

ooh, yum.

my tele always sounds like shit to me. it's got texas specials in it. what have you got in that one you're using? did you swap them out?

There is no doubt why companies hire Burgs to do pedal demos. His killer playing and great ear for tone paired with a solid arrangement like that are the total package. So many demos are plagued by boring riffs, generic shred, and needless knob turning. Some of that is okay and informative, but I find it much more compelling to simply show how the gear can be used well in the context of a piece of music. That demo is undoubtedly going to sell a lot of those pedals.

Back
Top Bottom