Approximate release date.

I'm about to sell my Axe-FX II in order to fund the III. But I have a audition for a conservatory in April, I'd like to play that on the new III. Will the III be out before then?

If your audition is important to you, keep your Axe. You don't want an important audition to depend on "maybe."

Last edited:
If you don't have full confidence that it will be in your house a full week before an audition (and an important one it looks like), keep your Axe and look to get through that.

The last thing you should be worried about is working out the kinks on a new rig 5 minutes before 'showtime'.

I don't think the III would make the slightest difference in your performance over the II

You either got it or you don't.

If the III could make one play better they'd be selling it for a lot more than $2499 (and I'd be in line to buy one lol)

Should be the first week of March, but there is a wait list.

If you are not on this list already hard to say.
I signed up a few hours after the announcement so that should work. Guy wants to pick up my II on the second of march so it should hopefully all fall into place.

I don't think the III would make the slightest difference in your performance over the II

You either got it or you don't.

If the III could make one play better they'd be selling it for a lot more than $2499 (and I'd be in line to buy one lol)
No of course, it's just that I want to play it on either the II or the III and not a borrowed amp that I haven't spent a lot of time with. Just that I will be upgrading my II to a III and I just got a good offer that'd be a waste to let go.

I signed up a few hours after the announcement so that should work. Guy wants to pick up my II on the second of march so it should hopefully all fall into place.
I think you're cutting it too close, brother. Stick with the II that you know you have, rather than the III that you hope you'll have. What of it doesn't show up in time for the audition?

I wouldn't risk it if it were me... planned ship dates can come and go. While I trust Fractal, there can be unexpected delays with anything in manufacturing.

Agreed, in that first hour there were probably hundreds of people who signed up. Certainly not everyone will all end up buying, but who knows, maybe your 100th on the list, maybe your 1001th, and if Fractal gets say 2000 units in then all is good, but what if the first shipment is only 100, or 500 etc, you could be out of luck until the next shipment goes out, and maybe that would be a week later, maybe a month. Point is, no one knows at this point, and that is a lot of uncertainy for when you've got a big gig.

We have no way of knowing how many units will initially be available or how many people signed up within the first few hours. Guys who signed up "within a few hours" for the AX8 were waiting a few months. AxeIII availability could be different. We have no way of knowing.

If I were in your position, I would keep the AxeFX II.

Is this going to be a live, or recorded audition? If it’s live, one important thing to consider is whether or not the conservatory let you audition with your own gear other than your guitar. A lot of times a school will audition multiple people one after another, and to get through everyone as fast as possible, they’ll make you use whatever amp they have. That’s what happened to me 99% of the time when I was auditioning to get into college. The worst amp I had to use was a Peavey Rage 158, which was barely loud enough to be heard over the air conditioner haha.

Someone on the facebook group is saying it is 2-3 weeks delayed. I have no idea if that is true or not.

There will be other buyers. There will be only one audition.

No one knows when they will have their Axe III in their hands but, everyone knows it will be soon.

Seriously, though. If it were me, I would keep my 2 for the audition or set myself up with a rig decent enough to get you through the audition. I’ve been able to get decent enough tones using my iPad before. Not sure what style of music you plan on playing but, I’m sure there are good alternatives. Maybe, a friend could hook you up with a loaner if all else fails. Do you know someone else who is auditioning? Maybe ask if you could use their rig?

Back
Top Bottom