Apple you're losing me.....

Ford vs Chevy
bmw vs audi
tubes vs modeling
etc etc etc...
there's always going to be someone to complain about one thing and someone else who loves it.
Get what you like...

iCloud is overpriced? I pay 3 bucks for 200gb, don't think it's a whole lot more to go up to a terabyte I just don't have need for that storage. And implementation? I take a photo on my phone or add something to my library oh the iPad or computer and typically within a minute or two that photo is distributed to all my devices. I've used pretty much all the big cloud services and I haven't had nearly as good an experience with any of them as I have with iCloud.

Granted if you're trying to use iCloud on a PC it seems pretty miserable... Started to try on my work computer and didn't even bother finishing.

I did not like my note 8 at first...
After a year- I had battery issues- got it exchanged for a new one... and loved the new one.

There were definitely some changes/revisions to it along the way

I'm a samsung fan

It's seems like every 2-3 months you come here to post anti-Apple or anti-iOS rants... It's understandable that they may not be what you want, but if so, why are you still using them?
Because new tech changes and I am always reminded of what Apple "Use to be".

Curious... On your current iPhone X, is the regular camera really, really crappy quality? I'm literally ready to bring it to Apple to say if there is ANY motion in the picture, the entire photo is blurry and grainy. Lighting is fine, it just sucks.

FWIW - check out the Pixel 2 or Pixel 3 from Google. My buddy switched from an iPhone 7 and loves his Pixel for the quality camera and UI. If I had the guts to make the switch, I'd prolly do the Pixel switcheroo.

Good luck bruh, and I hear ya on the innovation side. Apple's annual rebuttal for dividend returns is unsustainable because its the same thing every year, except they put an S on it. The X is cool for the full edge to edge screen, but, they're a half year behind other innovative firms...
No camera is stellar on mine. No real issues and works great. But lacks innovation!

I love apple products, it’s all I have in the way of computers tablets and phones. I don’t really see Apple as ever being an innovator aside from the mouse original UI, iPod, IOS, iPod OS. What Apple is good at is putting the polish on a concept and buying other peoples ideas. Making allies in the industry to get new hardware like USB/Firewire/Thunderbolt before most other companies can get supply. And getting deep in my wallet. As far as hardware goes aside from the A version chip they design for iDevices, other companies do the heavy lifting on R&D and getting new concepts to market first.

If Apple wanted to invest more in hardware tooling they could control more of the supply line and beat other companies to market. But they don’t have to cause they know by making small incremental upgrades keeps customers just happy enough. Not all customers Apple or otherwise upgrade every time something new comes out.

Guess my point is, if you want cutting edge hardware look elsewhere unless its something new that no other company cane get to market first other than Apple.

I love apple products, it’s all I have in the way of computers tablets and phones. I don’t really see Apple as ever being an innovator aside from the mouse original UI, iPod, IOS, iPod OS. What Apple is good at is putting the polish on a concept and buying other peoples ideas. Making allies in the industry to get new hardware like USB/Firewire/Thunderbolt before most other companies can get supply. And getting deep in my wallet. As far as hardware goes aside from the A version chip they design for iDevices, other companies do the heavy lifting on R&D and getting new concepts to market first.

If Apple wanted to invest more in hardware tooling they could control more of the supply line and beat other companies to market. But they don’t have to cause they know by making small incremental upgrades keeps customers just happy enough. Not all customers Apple or otherwise upgrade every time something new comes out.

Guess my point is, if you want cutting edge hardware look elsewhere unless its something new that no other company cane get to market first other than Apple.

I'm actually fine on the hardware side of Apple. Do I wish they had a larger battery, an S pen like the Note on their larger screens? YES. The innovation I'm discussing is software related. The UI of IOS is tired as hell after 12 years of basically the same. Yes I exaggerate a little, but really things have for the most part stayed with the same look. Split screen needs to happen as well as a lot of other things IMO. Yes what Apple does, they do really really well....I'll give them that. But they could be better and I think Steve Jobs would have made software changes that were more appealing.

I'm actually fine on the hardware side of Apple. Do I wish they had a larger battery, an S pen like the Note on their larger screens? YES. The innovation I'm discussing is software related. The UI of IOS is tired as hell after 12 years of basically the same. Yes I exaggerate a little, but really things have for the most part stayed with the same look. Split screen needs to happen as well as a lot of other things IMO. Yes what Apple does, they do really really well....I'll give them that. But they could be better and I think Steve Jobs would have made software changes that were more appealing.
Also, jailbreak should be an apple option.
Here you buy a device where a company tells you what you can do with it... So basically you're not fully owning it...

With Steve gone I would guess the LSD think tank sessions have come to full stop. Surely Apple monitors web sites where its customer base are vocal about what they like and dis-like in their products. Pretty sure this isn't one on their radar.

Jailbreaking Apples devices is pretty much history these days. I read where Saurik was boarding up the cydia store, I'm sure it cost more to maintain it than income from sales the last few years. I jailbroke from the first iPhone up until the iPhone 7 plus. After that Apple had stolen or incorporated most of the tweaks I liked anyway not to mention what a complete PITA it was to either get jailbroken or keep it jailbroken. Spent many an hour in IRC jailbreak forums.

I actually had a hand in the very first flashlight app for iPhone 1.0! you know just a white screen cause the phone had no camera or light hardware. LOL Ahhh plugged many a cable in with that flashlight.

Last edited:
Jailbreaking Apples devices is pretty much history these days. I read where Saurik was boarding up the cydia store, I'm sure it cost more to maintain it than income from sales the last few years. I jailbroke from the first iPhone up until the iPhone 7 plus. After that Apple had stolen or incorporated most of the tweaks I liked anyway not to mention what a complete PITA it was to either get jailbroken or keep it jailbroken. Spent many an hour in IRC jailbreak forums.

I actually had a hand in the very first flashlight app for iPhone 1.0!
Yes, but it's still needed if you wanna be free on your own device

Let them maintain the apple store but open up the system for indie developers. It's greed to want profit from every single person and developer after the fact you pay $1,500+ for a tablet or phone.

Also, jailbreak should be an apple option.
Here you buy a device where a company tells you what you can do with it... So basically you're not fully owning it...
I use to jailbreak but too much work and typically would cause issues if some sort. Wasn't a huge fan of it.

I went to Samsung after an evening of hell trying to get music onto my iPhone. Half the songs would go, then I would get a ton of errors that didn't tell me anything useful. I'd end up with roughly half the songs for each album. Enough. Bought a Galaxy S5 used the next day. Put in a big sd card, and just copy music to it like a flash drive. The replaceable battery was killer as well. Went to a S7, and I'm currently using a Galaxy 8+ with the same sd card in it. I even have a headphone jack.

My needs are few. I have a handful of apps I've installed, useful stuff for travel, banking, etc. I hate how expensive the phones are, but I've had zero problems with any of the Samsung phones I've had. I tend to buy used, so that takes a fair amount of the sting out of it.

I once got an iPad through an IT training, I thought cool, now I can finally run all those apple only music apps. Or use it for entertainment on long journeys. Put my music on a big SD card. Then I discovered Apple doesn't believe in SD cards. So I immediately sold this useless piece of junk.

Yeah, but you can put your music and movies and stuff in the iCloud some people said to me. Sure. But I've been to places in the world where there is still no internet. And then a 16 gig internal HDD does not offer much entertainment. And also, iTunes? Worst media player EVER!!!

Back
Top Bottom