Apple you're losing me.....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I think I'm going to get a Note 9. Currently have an Iphone X and it works and is smooth. That's where it ends. I'm bored to death with IOS and Apple is losing innovation skills. Even if IOS is changed for 13, I'm sure it will be like dark mode and we're all suppose to drop our panties with excitement. Samsung has shored up almost every area by now(welcome loud stereo speakers), and camera app to where the only think at this point is imessage. But I think I can survive without it. I can go Google Photos instead of icloud, Spotify instead of Apple Music(don't get me started on how bad this app is visually and functionally), and many other 3rd party switch overs that are just as good or better.

I still love my iMac, iPad, Apple TV's........but the iPhone is going the way of the Dodo bird.

Why does the iPhone Xs Max or any of the plus models not have multi screen tasking? A pen like the Samsung Note? Always on display? Dark mode? Or give us iPhone X folks the freaking battery percentage from the main screen or locked screen?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't use iMessage accross my iPad or iMac so I could care less about that. I think Apple is over charging for what they make and taking things away like now the headphone dongle is NOT included in with the Xs and Xs Max boxes! Also the fact they send still with the 5 watt charger, is dumb when they could send with fast charging? That is a cheap upgrade and consideration, for them to make.

Not a fan of Tim Cook and Steve Jobs would have steered this ship better IMO.

Have fun with that. I switched to the Galaxy a couple of years ago and it was not for me. I didnt like the UI. It was my work phone so I had to keep it for 2 years. A LONG 2 years lol. Back on IOS for me.

Why would you say that?
Because it's not real android, it's shipped with dozens of useless software you can't uninstall...
And the only devices where my customers get problems are Samsung ...
Also the price tag is crazy : a oneplus is more powerful than a Samsung for half the price

Have fun with that. I switched to the Galaxy a couple of years ago and it was not for me. I didnt like the UI. It was my work phone so I had to keep it for 2 years. A LONG 2 years lol. Back on IOS for me.

What specifically did you not like about it? They are so customizable, especially with skins.

What specifically did you not like about it? They are so customizable, especially with skins.
For me, I didn’t think the UI was intuitive. It reminded me of apps and websites designed with little or no end user testing. It was logical and I got used to it but I always missed the end user experience of IOS. There is nothing wrong with it - it just wasn’t for me.

Sorry, I just meant you should switch rather than complain about it. Just do it and see if it's right for you. You'll never know unless you try!

For me, I didn’t think the UI was intuitive. It reminded me of apps and websites designed with little or no end user testing. It was logical and I got used to it but I always missed the end user experience of IOS. There is nothing wrong with it - it just wasn’t for me.
Install nova launcher, SwiftKey and use android 9.0. It's stellar

The grass is always greener. My daughter’s ex husband talked her into ditching her iPhone for some sort of Samsung Android thing. Not only did she end up hating it, it basically self destructed after a year and a half.

If you have never had an Android phone before you may become frustrated with it because Android doesn’t do things the in way you expect them to if you are used to the way iOS does things. If your only reason for switching is because you are bored, you may want to tryout someone’s Android phone before you switch.

The iPhone x is fine, and I like mine mostly for a phone. My problem is with the ipad. Would really like to have the new ipad pro for the hardware, but apple keeps such a monopoly on what you can do with it and very misleadingly markets it as a laptop replacement. They need to stop squeezing their developers and customers. It's like buying a tv that you are only allowed to watch certain things on??

Currently have an Iphone X and it works and is smooth.

Curious... On your current iPhone X, is the regular camera really, really crappy quality? I'm literally ready to bring it to Apple to say if there is ANY motion in the picture, the entire photo is blurry and grainy. Lighting is fine, it just sucks.

FWIW - check out the Pixel 2 or Pixel 3 from Google. My buddy switched from an iPhone 7 and loves his Pixel for the quality camera and UI. If I had the guts to make the switch, I'd prolly do the Pixel switcheroo.

Good luck bruh, and I hear ya on the innovation side. Apple's annual rebuttal for dividend returns is unsustainable because its the same thing every year, except they put an S on it. The X is cool for the full edge to edge screen, but, they're a half year behind other innovative firms...

Any consideration given for the number of exclusive IOS music apps? I use Logic so, I use a Mac. I usually mix live on a Behringer X so I use an iPad. Given the compatibility factor, I feel like I'm stuck with an iPhone - and I desperately need to upgrade. Very disappointed in what Apple did with the older iPhones and battery life.

Google Photos instead of icloud, Spotify instead of Apple Music(
We use Google Photos instead of iCloud. iCloud is terribly implemented and stupidly over-priced.

But Apple Music remains the best service for people who bring their own tracks to the service. All the live shows I have for Phish and Mule abd The Dead are shareable across devices and family members on Apple Music. With Spotify there’s a limit of 10k tracks in a library. I’d blow through that in a heartbeat. So Apple Music it remains.

CarPlay is better than Android Auto in my Volkswagen.

As for a Dark Mode? iOS 13 is getting a phone-wide dark mode.

The grass is always greener. My daughter’s ex husband talked her into ditching her iPhone for some sort of Samsung Android thing. Not only did she end up hating it, it basically self destructed after a year and a half.

If you have never had an Android phone before you may become frustrated with it because Android doesn’t do things the in way you expect them to if you are used to the way iOS does things. If your only reason for switching is because you are bored, you may want to tryout someone’s Android phone before you switch.

Best advice right up here ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

If your whole system is made up of Apple. Why rock your world with one device that wont play nice with the rest?? I think in the end you will get frustrated. Stick with the iPhone.

This is coming from somebody who had 2 iPhones went to Samsung (and like it! works for me, not saying there isn't any better) and uses PC's, and just not a fan of Apple in general.

John

Back
Top Bottom