Apple unveils biggest update to Logic since the launch of Logic Pro X

I worked with Logic X 10.5 today and did some Live Looping. They're starting to close the gap between Logic and Ableton. Hopefully you can automate the recording process via midi in the future as well. Ableton does this very easily and I definitely want that in Logic. (Control when the "record" button gets punched in in the timeline etc. all automated via midi, would pair well with an AxeFXIII)

Here's what I came up with.

I haven't tried Logic Remote yet, but presumably wet got a Push-like control interface for the new workflows in it?

Its pretty cool, I've been using Logic Remote for years. Since I'm also a drummer it was a pain to walk over to my computer in my studio, hit record and try to sit and be comfortable and ready to track before the downbeat. I use an iPad to hit record remotely etc.

The live looping thing is pretty cool and interesting to do in terms of DJing / on the fly beat arrangement. Not in my wheelhouse to do but I have friends who have been doing this for years with Maschine and similar. Seems like it'll be on par with everything else now.

Nice! I’ve just moved over to Logic from Cubase and I love it! The remote (before the latest update) was very handy, although a little buggy but still did what I wanted it to do.
I just love the workflow with Logic, I’m afraid my Cubase 10.5 Pro is not going to see any more upgrades now (and they cost a fortune).

I’m curious to see how the new drummer stacks up to Superior Drummer 3. I use SD3 and to be honest I’ll be bummed if Logic steps all over that cos it cost a pretty penny! :)

I’m curious to see how the new drummer stacks up to Superior Drummer 3. I use SD3 and to be honest I’ll be bummed if Logic steps all over that cos it cost a pretty penny! :)
Still no contest..the logic improvements are mostly EDM style beats and drum machines.,,,Drummer is still ...Drummer.

No, drummer is not on the same field as SD3 and some of the addon kits. But drummer is great, quick way to get a groove going so u can put your idea down. Often I take out kick snar and use the percussion in a song. Liking the updates to logic, Brain hurts trying to see how it fits in to my work flow, but will watch more how too's.
Cheers

My hour spent with it last night says your SD3 investment is safe. :) But anyone using EZDrummer will be hard pressed to justify any more upgrades there. I was even able to mix and match auto-grooves and MIDI-based groove files on one track line.

I've always steered clear of Logic due to lack of touch integration to enter midi. So I've been on the FL Studio train for a while. Even with this update, It's annoying that I'd have to purchase both a Mac and an iPad to accomplish what I already can with a touch enabled convertable Windows laptop for half the price.

I've always steered clear of Logic due to lack of touch integration to enter midi. So I've been on the FL Studio train for a while. Even with this update, It's annoying that I'd have to purchase both a Mac and an iPad to accomplish what I already can with a touch enabled convertable Windows laptop for half the price.
Weird post, but okay.

if you have a touch setup already, why consider buying completely new hardware? this is probably an update for those who have those devices already.

i doubt this update's point is to make people change to a complete new hardware and software system.

the kits are what matter. I'd always program my own beat anyway...plus you can find a drummer groove you like then edit the midi to perfect it.

as for the live loops, I think it could be really cool to try different parts/arrangements for a song. While I know it's geared towards electronic/hip-hop, I think it could be a useful writing tool for any style of music.

Just updated this earlier this evening during a slow part of a code deployment. Loaded up a recent tune I'd been inspired to write by the 'welcome to the jangle' Virtual Capo sound I was playing with last week. Haven't really dug into it yet, but the refreshed interface looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom