Apple unveils biggest update to Logic since the launch of Logic Pro X

Wow, that's pretty huge. Kinda cool how they're bringing the iPad and iPhone even more into the process I think.

Well, Apple did a better job of copying Ableton’s Simpler than Steinberg did :). It must be frustrating to compete in the DAW market these days when you’re up against a competitor who doesn’t have to make a profit.

I must be broken because I can't see how to pull up this interface in the update...

Maybe time to upgrade from Sierra. I didn't do the 90 day trial because my computer works fine and didn't want to risk having to re-install everything like the last upgrade from Mavs to Sierra. But this could be worth it...

Wow, that's pretty huge. Kinda cool how they're bringing the iPad and iPhone even more into the process I think.
Actually iPad worked with LPX years ago as a control surface but I always had problems with versions of the IOS not being compatible with my Mac, it was very annoying so wonder if they have fixed that, I think Apple just wanted me to purchase a new iPad...

Never mind! Update is downloading from the App Store now!

If you haven't used a 12" iPad as a control surface for Logic Pro yet, you're really missing out. It's very nice. Haptic feedback would make it amazing, but it's still pretty excellent without it.

So looks like the merging of GarageBand and other things from iPad apps into Logic. Huh. :)

Attachments

• 9AFA769D-41D5-421A-A3EC-D88E2CE8D8B2.png
    9AFA769D-41D5-421A-A3EC-D88E2CE8D8B2.png
    708.6 KB · Views: 10
I purchased Logic Pro X years ago and got to say Apples Mac software is a little like Fractal products. Pay one price and keep getting major updates at no extra cost. Really helps offset and justify the initial cost of a Mac.

Reactions: jon
I haven't tried Logic Remote yet, but presumably wet got a Push-like control interface for the new workflows in it?

Back
Top Bottom