Apple TV.....strange there isn't more options for buying live music concerts???

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Apple pretty much wrote the book on streaming music and getting people off of CD's. Yet their content to purchase live concerts is pretty low. I'd love to buy Van Halen: Live without a Net....but it is no where to be bought. Maybe it's not them but owners not allowing release. But I think the owners of this content are missing out. Not like they would sell much to DVD folks. Anyways, just an observation/rant.

Check out Qello.com for a nice selection of streamable concerts - 1000's of them - once you go into the search and genre mode and not just stay on the home page.

+1 to Qello. They seem to be the streaming service for music, live and otherwise. Also nugs.net if you’re into the jam band scene. And the Relix channel on YouTube too.

+1 to Qello. They seem to be the streaming service for music, live and otherwise. Also nugs.net if you’re into the jam band scene. And the Relix channel on YouTube too.
I had Quello. But after a while the content gets boring as they don't add enough new. I'm just surprised Apple does not have more to purchase. I mean why not? These bands are not making tons selling elsewhere that I know of?

I had Quello. But after a while the content gets boring as they don't add enough new. I'm just surprised Apple does not have more to purchase. I mean why not? These bands are not making tons selling elsewhere that I know of?

Interesting .. I've heard that from people before - i.e. Qello can get boring. I wonder if they are digging deep enough into the offerings? ... there are literally thousands of high quality concerts there and it would take me a long, long time to get bored with them ... I've had Qello for years and am still amazed at what hidden concert gems I can find there .. and new concerts are added almost weekly --- not denying your experience, it's just quite different than mine.

Interesting .. I've heard that from people before - i.e. Qello can get boring. I wonder if they are digging deep enough into the offerings? ... there are literally thousands of high quality concerts there and it would take me a long, long time to get bored with them ... I've had Qello for years and am still amazed at what hidden concert gems I can find there .. and new concerts are added almost weekly --- not denying your experience, it's just quite different than mine.
Take Van Halen, Live without a Net and the Right Here Right Now. Not on Quello. Can't get on Apple TV either. So it is just strange to not be able to pay for something you want. Maybe it is the bands that don't allow? But why not??? Back in the DVD days you could order whatever you wanted. Now, not so much.

I've seen Axis TV play interesting live shows recently on Sundays, the Yes Chicago 2018 was excellent with Trevor Rabin and his Fractal (II, I assume) setup sounded massive.

Do they still do the iTunes Festival? I’ve seen some great shows over the years when they air that in September. There was this one Elbow show that was just perfect.

Thankfully you can see a lot of full live shows on youtube. Including bootleg recordings. Which I infinitely prefer to official releases. Who are all to often polished, cut, spliced together and/or incomplete.

Back
Top Bottom