APPLE IOS 12 - really???

I’ve had iOS 12 on my phone for months. Worked great as a beta and works great now. A few things I disagree with, but I don’t make phones or OS’s and I don’t own a Trillion dollar company.

Consider that “simple changes” are things that affect millions of people. I’m sure they have test groups and average out the requests. A huge company like that can’t move quickly or just implement things on a whim. Even on this forum, there are many “simple things” that are requested, but they aren’t actually simple if you know how the development actually works and what’s involved.

I agree that I’d like a dark mode, and the new Mac OS has one. But consider that for dark mode to work, every single App needs to be updated to look right. You can’t just “change white to black.” Each color has to be considered. There are more apps on phones than on Mac OS, and some apps on the computer do not look right at all. So in addition to making sure App devs incorporate the latest security and functional features, they now have to color swap for every single screen in their app? That’s gonna take time.

It’s one thing to be dissatisfied about something. But it’s another to never be satisfied with something.

I think being a trillion dollar company probably ranks as a bit more important than that some people on forums are saying they aren't being innovative...

"Well Mr. Cook, let me first say that we really are pleased you've made us into a trillion dollar company, good job you've made all of us very wealthy....but.... there are some people on some forums who say your not being innovative enough and I'm afraid they want to see you go... so....kind of leaves us with no real choice in the matter" lol

I’ve had iOS 12 on my phone for months. Worked great as a beta and works great now. A few things I disagree with, but I don’t make phones or OS’s and I don’t own a Trillion dollar company.

Consider that “simple changes” are things that affect millions of people. I’m sure they have test groups and average out the requests. A huge company like that can’t move quickly or just implement things on a whim. Even on this forum, there are many “simple things” that are requested, but they aren’t actually simple if you know how the development actually works and what’s involved.

I agree that I’d like a dark mode, and the new Mac OS has one. But consider that for dark mode to work, every single App needs to be updated to look right. You can’t just “change white to black.” Each color has to be considered. There are more apps on phones than on Mac OS, and some apps on the computer do not look right at all. So in addition to making sure App devs incorporate the latest security and functional features, they now have to color swap for every single screen in their app? That’s gonna take time.

It’s one thing to be dissatisfied about something. But it’s another to never be satisfied with something.
Dark mode for a couple things like messaging and phone app would be welcomed. I get integration on all apps especially 3rd party may be a nightmare.

Dark mode for a couple things like messaging and phone app would be welcomed. I get integration on all apps especially 3rd party may be a nightmare.
i'm not sure they'd release "dark mode" for only 2 apps, or even only all the apple apps *shrug* they probably want it more complete than that.

can you imagine the launch? "New Dark Mode released, but only for Phone and Messages."

OMG APPLE IS LOSING IT! they can't even update more than 2 apps with a feature!! tim cook doesn't know what he's doing!

etc.

Another Apple thread with less then stellar things being said about their favorite product by Apple users?

Hmmm, quelle surprise? :p:D

Guys, you're making it very hard for me not to post in these. I try to, I really, really do. Honest! But they just keep on popping up. :(

Did they change the keyboard layout? I’m trying to hit the numbers button to get the apostrophe key and I keep hitting the smiley button.

I'm sorry that the bright ass white doesn't bother you. It does me. You don't find it odd that they have not changed the look of IOS in a decade? It's old as hell looking. But whatever....maybe you're wearing bell bottoms still and typing on your Tandy 1000 computer.
I'm not sure why you feel the need
Much better, thanks.
Ever try the Swype keyboard? Takes a little adjustment but I hate using a "normal" one now.

Updating now. Don't need the OP's must-have feature requests. iPhone 7 updated, everything works fine and it feels faster.

FYI, I use a pseudo "dark mode" via the "color filter" option to get a red-light mode (easy on eyes adjusted to dark, and doesn't keep you up like full spectrum light). Once set, the mode is togglable with what would be a triple press on a home button model. Don't know how X does that.

Here's a how-to
https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/...sharp-with-iphones-hidden-red-screen-0173903/

I think Apple introduced a version of dark mode in iOS 12 - try this:
Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Invert Colours > Smart Invert

Last edited:
I think Apple introduced a version of dark mode in iOS 12 - try this:
Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Invert Colours > Smart Invert
They've had that. It works but makes most apps look like a negative photo. Not the way to go and pretty useless IMO

ScreenTime is a godsend for this parent right here. Found out my 14 yo is reading manga cartoons in class instead of listening, and was able to disable his browser remotely. Wooo-hoo. We might actually get decent grades for a change. It's also a godsend for me personally. It visualizes how much time I waste on my phone, and makes it easier to retake control of my life. I have cut down my mobile use in half so far.

Back
Top Bottom