Apple Airpods pro vs...

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Any Airpod pro users here? Do you like them? (note: not for guitar use. General audio listening) I just ordered some off Amazon but battery life seems rather subpar. Also worried about diminished battery over time. Looked at bose equivalents as well. One feature I want is noise cancellation. Few earbud models have this it seems.

I like mine, they sound is a bit dark for my taste, compared with other over ears that I own, but not terrible. I mostly listen to podcasts or audiobooks these days. Transparency and Noise Cancellation mores are great, like the ability to monitor the SPL. If you are into the Apple world, probably the best choice as are tightly integrated in the ecosystem.

I never had battery issues, but use mine only maybe 60/90 mins a day while training.

I like them, the noise reduction is awesome. Even just putting them in and not playing anything it reduces the noise floor of anywhere you are. I had them in at an airport waiting for the plane, with nothing playing, and it was refreshing. Still personally futzing with the right tips, but they stay in, and sound good to me.

I have the original pros from when they were still having NC problems. I still use them, and love them. But since getting the Max’s, they have fallen to the side. The Max’s sound great through the Axe FX too!

I don't have any science to back it up, but I don't trust wireless ear buds.

I don't have any science to back it up, but I don't trust wireless ear buds.
I have some of the Shure SE535 Red with the Bluetooth receiver, and they sound amazing when listening to movies, just like I'm in the theater. I've rewatched many movies just to hear the difference and have been impressed each time. (I want to dig out my copy of Avatar and the Blade Runner movies to see what they sound like.) Pre-recorded music sounds really good too.

I have the wired version too but don't like them at all when working on the modeler. I don't know why, but I prefer my various wired headphones then.

The major competitors would be the Sony set, the Jabra Elite, the Bose, and maybe the Sennheisers. Most consumer reviewers seem to prefer the Sony out of that list. I'm using the Jabra and am pretty happy with them - they were on sale - but I'm not applying my audiophile mode ears to them. Bose still offers the best noise cancelling IMO, the Sony introduces a little bit of background noise that I don't love. But it's a subtle difference and the Sony are an excellent noise cancelling set as well.

Absolutely love them. But I mostly use them for exercise, bike riding, or when other people are in the room while I need to listen to something else. The transparency option is fantastic, great for outdoor activities. One minor mind blowing feature is when spatial audio is activated. You can turn your head all around, but the audio will sound like it's coming from the same spot in the room. It's trippy!

The major competitors would be the Sony set, the Jabra Elite, the Bose, and maybe the Sennheisers. Most consumer reviewers seem to prefer the Sony out of that list. I'm using the Jabra and am pretty happy with them - they were on sale - but I'm not applying my audiophile mode ears to them. Bose still offers the best noise cancelling IMO, the Sony introduces a little bit of background noise that I don't love. But it's a subtle difference and the Sony are an excellent noise cancelling set as well.

The Jabra's are pretty good for the price. I'm happy with them.

Warning - the following gets mushy.....

I got my Airpod Pros as part of my new phone package recently, and I absolutely love them. I use them for when I do long walks, there are some busy roads I walk along and they cut the traffic out extremely well. I can have phone calls, listen to music/podcasts whilst I walk and the outside noise is no longer an issue.

Probably the thing I love about them the most is their workflow, you just squeeze one to activate/deactivate NC. The squeeze will alternate between NC and a Transparent mode (where you hear all sounds around you - this works incredibly well). Then, when I am walking the dogs and I have no hands free to do the squeeze, I just tell Siri to activate NC or Transparent mode, and this works perfectly every single time.

I also love how it switches seamlessly from my iPhone to my Mac when I get back into my office, which makes work meetings so easy.

The buds are super comfy, I just use the default size ear pads that they come fitted with. The NC is pretty much on par with my Sony MX3s (which have incredibly good NC).

I am a bit of an audiophile (self confessed) and love a good stereo hifi or headphones, and to be honest they do a very good job (probably not as good as my Sony MX3s overears but I own the Shure 535s in-ears and the Airpod Pros are very comparable to them for music). I am pretty sure the science will prove me wrong in terms of numbers, but the sound from the Airpod Pros is well balanced, tight bottom end and crisp highs so I like them.

Battery life is great, I have had mine on for 2 hours straight with NC whilst on a call and they lasted fine. I didn't check how much battery was left but you just pop them back into their case which charges them up for the next use. I think you only need a short charge to get 1 hour out them.

If I ever lose the Airpod Pros I will definitely get another set, I feel like they were designed to make my life easier.

Got the Apple AirPods pro and seemed there might be an issue with battery life so I picked up the Sennheiser momentum TW3's to test out. I must say that the Apple AirPods are quite good for what they are. The bass response is prevalent without being muddy. I can see why they are popular, especially with the integration to any apple product you own. The Sennheisers are not hyped in bass at all. Battery life is better, soundstage seems well balanced. Fit wise I think I prefer the Apple but I'm still on the fence for sound between the two.

I have a set of Air Pods from several years back, a gift from my wife. I got her the Pro set for Christmas last year. We both love them for what they are really for: listening when you don’t want to bother others, or listening when others are making too much racket to hear clearly without them. Convenient with no wires like the old buds, they’re perfect for what we use them to do. Great for rowing machine workouts too.

I have a set of Air Pods from several years back, a gift from my wife. I got her the Pro set for Christmas last year. We both love them for what they are really for: listening when you don’t want to bother others, or listening when others are making too much racket to hear clearly without them. Convenient with no wires like the old buds, they’re perfect for what we use them to do. Great for rowing machine workouts too.
That's a great gift for the wife. They are really good for what they are. I'm amazed at the bass response you're able to get from them. I'm about 50/50 right now on the airpods vs the sennheisers. Apple feels lighter to wear, has that enjoyable bass response and the Senn's sound great and have better battery life and just connect easier to my apple devices of course

Any Airpod pro users here? Do you like them? (note: not for guitar use. General audio listening) I just ordered some off Amazon but battery life seems rather subpar. Also worried about diminished battery over time. Looked at bose equivalents as well. One feature I want is noise cancellation. Few earbud models have this it seems.
They sound great, but I can't keep them in my ears. Loose fit which ruins the sound. I've tried all the tips as well. I have the Power Beats Pro which don't sound as good, but have longer battery life and stay put.

They sound great, but I can't keep them in my ears. Loose fit which ruins the sound. I've tried all the tips as well. I have the Power Beats Pro which don't sound as good, but have longer battery life and stay put.
It's a tradeoff of having best possible sound but how it fits. Everyone's ears are shaped different. I find the Senn's keep falling out unless I put the included silicone ring with fin/wing and jam it balls deep in my ear. It stays put but I'm ever aware something is jammed in my ear...which will lead to fatigue. Decided to go with the airpods pro. They are clearer and have a glassy top to the highs while retaining a pleasant bass response without sounding muddy. The Senns seem to be more neutral across the frequency curve. The pods sit in my ears easier and feel lighter also. Senns have better battery life. Tradeoffs.

I have a set of AirPod Pros and use them every day. The noise canceling is fantastic. I find myself leaving them in for a while after I stop listening to something because I like the silence. (Wife + 2 Kids = Silence being priceless) They sound good to me, but I’m not an audiophile and have played so much guitar in front of cabs I doubt I could discern the quality of any reasonably decent set of earbuds.

Received mine as a gift. I was surprisingly impressed with the noise cancellation. For phone use I like them. For movies, YouTube I like them. For music I think they are just ok. Better than original AirPods which I didn’t like.

Back
Top Bottom