Applauding Cliff.

Massive respect to Cliff and everyone at Fractal. Seriously, what you've done for the middle-class musician community (speaking for myself) is absolutely amazing. Can't stress enough how much I appreciate it. I'm about to release an album myself and there's just no way it would have happened and attained the sonic quality I believe it has, if not for the Axe-Fx. Mega thanks and I wish you tons more success.

In all my dealings with Cliff, he has shown that he is willing to help me with any issue regarding his product. Because of his commitment, I continue to come back as a customer; I would have anyway, because of the quality of the product, but the fact that he cares about his creation and his customers makes him rare in the business world. He:

-Unfailingly works to improve what he could have sat back upon
-LISTENS to feedback.
-Bases his future products upon what that feedback provides. (As well as his affirmed affiliation with geekdom...)

He can get no higher marks from me.

Ron

I always thought the AxeFX could have sold for a lot more money than Cliff sold it for. To me, it's the greatest piece of equipment you can buy for your guitar. Thanks Cliff!!!

This thread needs to be bumped. Cliff I really hope that all the bickering and trolling going on these past couple days is affecting you like water off a duck's back. I could see it being pretty annoying, but sincerely hope it isn't getting you down. One thing I've noticed is that the crux of all the dissention is that people are upset they didn't get the new AxeFx II (myself included, apologies) but underlying that is the fact that everybody thinks the AxeFx II is awesome. I hope that the pro of everybody wanting it so badly outweighs the con of all the bickering. And dang, I do not envy your position of having a hundred people hitting you with all kinds of questions. It's pretty badass that you opened that door yourself in the first place.

Cheers, Mr. Chase

-Unfailingly works to improve what he could have sat back upon
-LISTENS to feedback.
-Bases his future products upon what that feedback provides. (As well as his affirmed affiliation with geekdom...)

He can get no higher marks from me.

Here, Here and Bravo Master Cliff. I too admire your determination and dedication to your product. The single finest piece of musical equipment I've ever had the pleasure to own and play. I will invest in your new product within the year as I want to support your business and its vision.

Meanwhile, I'll be pickin' and grinnin' on my Ultra.

Well you cant blame the guy for bring this axe fx 2 out. Eventually every product runs its course and if you want to keep the people satisfied and happy getting new updates that make there sound better, youll have to to eventually update the gear so you can do so when you run into the brick wall that limits you. I just hope that new insights will still lead to a few more incremental inprovents on the old axe fx I for at least another year or so.

I'll jump on this bandwagon. Cliff could have marketed an endless variety of smaller products
based on the Gen. I platform. PC versions, floor versions, FX only versions, etc. He could have done some serious cashing in on all the sweat he put into Gen. I technology. No one would blame him. Just good business. Instead, he showed us what's in his heart.

To take this quest as far as it can go. To directly challenge the traditional primacy of tube/analog
designs with digital modeling. With Axe II he states clearly, "close enough isn't enough."
He's so far ahead of the rest of the modelling community, its painful to imagine what
his competitors must be thinking. The rest of the industry now look like high school
amatuers next to Cliff.

Last edited:
He could have done some serious cashing in on all the sweat he put into Gen. I technology. No one would blame him. Just good business. Instead, he showed us what's in his heart.

+1. He already did the hard work with the standard and ultra...how tough would it have been to repackage a lite version of these, a floorboard version, etc? When comparing those things to completely rebuilding the Ultra, making it more powerful, redoing all of the algorithms...he definitely took the harder job! He gave us a better product (not just a repackaged cheaper version that would sell better, thus making him more money!). If Cliff just wanted the money, he could make it countless ways. But instead he knew he could do better and give us better tones and a better product. Thanks Cliff. I will thank you buy buying an Axe II as soon as it is available.

Were all lucky as guitarists to have Cliff!

I posted this somewhere else, but should go here.

I embrace the II with dreams!
The time frame that something develops done not revolve around anyones life but how hard Cliff and assoc. decide to work.

Time has passed and the process of learning, user input, and dreams of perfect features have led him to expand.

I've had my Ultra for about 3 years, I'm ready to move forward, I'm glad Cliff was too!

And when a Quad SHARC shows up in 5 years, I'll be there.

No vacations Cliff!!! lol

Thanks Cliff and everyone at Fractal Audio!
I have been using my AxeFx Ultra for about 2 years and every week I'm still discovering more and creating better sounding patches.
I can't wait to get my hands on AxeFx II. I have no doubt it will be as mind blowing in reality as it sounds on paper.
Thank you for creating the best guitar related equipment ever!

I'll add my 2 cents. I have already gone on recored with my nothing but positive views of Cliffs work.

But as we all know, even if many won't admit it, we all have that person that has our backs, serves as a soundboard, and covers our rears.

Tip o the hat to Danielle Chase! I will never forget her kindness towards me.

I can honestly say that I've never been so excited to purchase a piece of equipment! Keep up the great work Cliff - can't wait to see what your new bad-boy will do!!!

I think he's a genius. I'm certainly thankful for him and his awesome products.

Keep up the great work (but try to get a vacation once in awhile)!

There are few people that actually take the risks to follow thier dreams & do what they love for a living. Cliff has not only done that, but he has been extraordinarily successful at it - surpassing the efforts of lots of established, experienced music gear companies.

Cliff, I not only applaud you, but I thank you for all of your efforts. Know that the number of people who support you far outweighs the number of people who are critcizing you. You have made a significant contribution to the world of music that will be your lasting legacy.

Thank you for only putting out products of the absolute highest quality.
Thank you for not cutting costs on materials.
Thank you for putting in countless coding hours to create the best algo's possible.
Thank you for charging very reasonable costs for the most amazing product(s) on the market.

I have an Ultra and will be first in line to buy the Axe 2, Axe 3, Axe 4....or as far as Cliff takes this product.

Back
Top Bottom