Apparently B.B.King has died

P

plexi59

Died peacefully in his sleep. The thrill is really gone now. RIP.

RIP Reiley B. King

One of the most important figures in modern music history - his work has been formative on many of the other seminal musicians and guitarists in the world like just to name one Eric Clapton.
BB's Live at the Regal is perhaps the best blues album ever and displays a true master at work, a master of blues palying and singing and a master of spell-binding the audience.
I've attended his shows at every chance I got and even as he got old and lost some of his physical and vocal staminar, he still delivered something unique each time he stepped on stage.
I feel blessed to have been in his audience and to have witnessed his greatness first hand.
He will be missed, but will remain relevant and live on through his music.

Bummer, but not a huge surprise. I got to see him live a couple of years ago and knew at the time that was probably the last time I'd get to see him in concert.

He's in the list of musicians who influenced me the most at an early age. I always say he cured me of the desire to play fast.

Great man, great life, great inspiration.

Same here M@-man, his box style playing made me focus on quality over quantity in my playing. Truly a legend and I always considered him my bluesy diabetic buddy.

Back
Top Bottom