App to store tempos?

DakenSG

Hello,

Has anyone ever run across an app for Android or iPhones that allows you to store a set of different tempos? Our drummer has been using an app for his phone to visually refer to the tempos for songs in our setlist. The trouble is dialing in new tempos between each song takes time. We don't need an actual click track or anything, just a visual reference of the tempo before starting each song.

Anyone else know of an app that would help here? Or have any other suggestions?

SetListMaker stores tempos (tempi?) for each song. It can use them to provide a click, flash and icon, or even flash the whole screen. I don't use it for every song. Occasionally we throw in a slower song, which I start, and I use it to make sure that I don't lead off at too fast a tempo.

If you use separate presets per song on the AX8, you can set the tap tempo to a certain bpm on each preset. I've been doing this to use the tap tempo light as a visual reference, primarily useful for songs that I start off with guitar and the band follows me in after a bar or two. Doesn't help the drummer or anyone else, but it's useful to me :)

SetListMaker stores tempos (tempi?) for each song. It can use them to provide a click, flash and icon, or even flash the whole screen. I don't use it for every song. Occasionally we throw in a slower song, which I start, and I use it to make sure that I don't lead off at too fast a tempo.

Is it possible you could show me a small video of what this looks like? I tried looking in the introductory videos on YouTube and didn't see a preview of this feature. The app costs money and I'd like to verify before buying.

I've been unlucky finding other apps that actually store tempos--most require you to set it after each song (that I've found).

IMG_0303.PNG IMG_0750.JPG Sorry. I don't have the technology to create and post videos. Here's a static shot.

I configured the performance screen to show the Tempo icon at the top right corner. When I touch the icon it flashes yellow, and there's an audible click. In Settings you can configure the type of click, and whether just the icon or page background which flashes, and for how long.

Back
Top Bottom