AOTM - Bogner Shiva

Sorry I disappeared for a bit there guys, I had surprise surgery. I'm glad to see the thread continued on though :D. What would you guys like to see this month?

Interesting that this thread came up as I've been exploring the Shiver model recently. For me, at least, it seems to be the perfect blend between the Citrus A30 Clean, Class-A30TB, Deluxe Reverb and Vibrato Verb without any of the peaky mids or harsh highs. The only thing I don't like is that I get some weird "beating" or distortion when playing close intervals on the E and A string. Yes, turning down Input Drive and/or Master Volume helps, but the amp loses a little bit of life. Oh the compromises!!!!

I haven't noticed that before... I'll take a listen specifically for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strange, I can't reproduce this. Maybe fret buzz on the guitar or resonance with your monitors?

I also tried and was not able to reproduce this... Tried various close intervals on E and A strings with not a trace of this other then normal dissonance. From memory, I have MV at 8.64 and Input Drive at about 5-6.

Kevin

I'd love to see something on the Ecstacy, merely for selfish reasons because I'm futzing around with a Lukather patch I'm trying to build. If not, maybe something mid-gainy?

I also tried and was not able to reproduce this... Tried various close intervals on E and A strings with not a trace of this other then normal dissonance. From memory, I have MV at 8.64 and Input Drive at about 5-6.

Kevin

Interesting. You are running things a bit hotter than me. Must be the combo of the amp model, my guitar and ears. It's quite noticeable. It might well be how the real amp behaves, but it does jump out at you as sounding wrong.

A Shive is a must have amp even if you dont need another tube amp, its just too great.

Since you guys are talking about the modeled version i just recorded a 2008 non reverb EL34 version into a Suhr Reactive Load into my interface using CabLab with IR (OH 412 BOG-ST V30+T75 OH2F-03) with the FAS-FXR and a L2 limiter, i dialed in a not too mid driven tone but still plenty of fatness in it and shows how good it cleans up with the volume knob.

24221136561_438d5bb95d_b.jpg
SHIVA[/url] by Nicolas Rivera, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom