AOTM - Bogner Shiva

If I can redirect.

Folks, we're working on getting the tone's we want in these kind of threads. Nice to post what you find out on youtube, but let's try to dial it in and post clips of your attempts.

This is the direction I was wanting to go with AOTM for sure. I just posted the YouTube clips to show what others are getting out of it and demonstrate versatility. But, yes, share your own clips! We want to hear what you get out of it.

If I can redirect.

Folks, we're working on getting the tone's we want in these kind of threads. Nice to post what you find out on youtube, but let's try to dial it in and post clips of your attempts.

I think there's room enough for both, as long as the videos posted are good examples of sounds the amps are known for. I know that I could sure use as many reference tones as possible, so having them compiled in these threads would be great.

Will try this out too.

Any comments on the Lead Channel from anyone? (With tips such as this?)

R

Do the opposite. Crank the gain and keep the master volume low. With gain around seven or eight and master around two or three, I get a great legato-like feel when playing leads. I'm mainly a rhythm player, but with this amp, playing leads feels natural to me. Weird but I love it.

I own the 6L6 version and can only say that it is ungodly. As has been stated, you will not find a nicer clean and the amp's overdrive is enormous and highly variable with amazing dynamics.

I do find that my Dr. Z-Airbrake is mandatory with this and mine is only 60 Reinhold watts. I can only imagine what 80 or 90 would be like ... geez

Is there any desire for an AOTM thread on the Recordings page? I think it would be cool to have a go-to spot for folks who may not know what a particular amp sounds like in the hands of different players. I can start one with some solo recordings of the Shiva if anyone is interested.

Love these threads, thanks for reviving them!

The Shiva is intended to be used with V30's. My absolute favorite cab to use with it is the OH_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_Studio-Modern IR, which is included in recent firmware updates for 2 owners. I believe XL users already have it in their devices. Almost any IR will do though, I haven't found many that don't play nice with the model.
That cab sounds great with the amp, i wouldnt have tried that. Cheers!

I love the big deep clean of the Shiva. Turn the Master all the way up and keep the drive down. Huge clean tone with lots of body but not muddy.
Yep, that worked really well. Thanks!

Do the opposite. Crank the gain and keep the master volume low. With gain around seven or eight and master around two or three, I get a great legato-like feel when playing leads. I'm mainly a rhythm player, but with this amp, playing leads feels natural to me. Weird but I love it.
Thanks for sharing, that works great with my guitar!

The Shiva is intended to be used with V30's. My absolute favorite cab to use with it is the OH_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_Studio-Modern IR, which is included in recent firmware updates for 2 owners. I believe XL users already have it in their devices. Almost any IR will do though, I haven't found many that don't play nice with the model.

I've updated to 17.03 and I don't see this cab anywhere. Did I perhaps delete them when I restored by axe? I have an XL.

One of my favorite guitarists uses a Shiva, and I'm looking forward to getting close to his tone.

Here he is hobnobbin' with Rheinhold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsMO1tqLYRM

Good information that he uses V30's and Greenbacks, and only the amp for main sound (+ boost for solo's)

Great player ! his right hand technique reminds me of Shawn lane a bit pick and middle fingers great sounds I can see why you are after them !

Interesting that this thread came up as I've been exploring the Shiver model recently. For me, at least, it seems to be the perfect blend between the Citrus A30 Clean, Class-A30TB, Deluxe Reverb and Vibrato Verb without any of the peaky mids or harsh highs. The only thing I don't like is that I get some weird "beating" or distortion when playing close intervals on the E and A string. Yes, turning down Input Drive and/or Master Volume helps, but the amp loses a little bit of life. Oh the compromises!!!!

Interesting that this thread came up as I've been exploring the Shiver model recently. For me, at least, it seems to be the perfect blend between the Citrus A30 Clean, Class-A30TB, Deluxe Reverb and Vibrato Verb without any of the peaky mids or harsh highs. The only thing I don't like is that I get some weird "beating" or distortion when playing close intervals on the E and A string. Yes, turning down Input Drive and/or Master Volume helps, but the amp loses a little bit of life. Oh the compromises!!!!

I haven't noticed that before... I'll take a listen specifically for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there any desire for an AOTM thread on the Recordings page? I think it would be cool to have a go-to spot for folks who may not know what a particular amp sounds like in the hands of different players. I can start one with some solo recordings of the Shiva if anyone is interested.

Great idea, but to avoid unnecessary confusion, it would probably be easiest to post the recordings in this thread.

Strange, I can't reproduce this. Maybe fret buzz on the guitar or resonance with your monitors?

Back
Top Bottom