Anything that can achieve Dhalif's DiMarzio Cruiser neck tone? Clip here.

I do not think it is an exclusive characteristic of the Cruiser pickup because at other videos he has a similar tone with different guitars and pickups.

Maybe drop him a note asking what gear he is using.

Piing is right - there is nothing happening with that pickup that you can't achieve with most any modern HSS configuration. It's a boosted tone with the volume rolled off. Generally speaking, dial in a decent amount of gain while using the single coil neck position of your guitar. Roll off the volume knob of your guitar to taste - try between 6-8 to get that percussive tone. Then roll the volume up to 10 for those soaring leads. Watch his hands - you can see him reaching down to make these adjustments. Sounds awesome! Best of luck.

Piing is right - there is nothing happening with that pickup that you can't achieve with most any modern HSS configuration. It's a boosted tone with the volume rolled off. Generally speaking, dial in a decent amount of gain while using the single coil neck position of your guitar. Roll off the volume knob of your guitar to taste - try between 6-8 to get that percussive tone. Then roll the volume up to 10 for those soaring leads. Watch his hands - you can see him reaching down to make these adjustments. Sounds awesome! Best of luck.

Ok I did what you said - and that lead me close to an answer. I tried rolling down the TONE knob and that was what did it. Much, much closer. So tone knob on about 6 with a 500k pot and .022 cap. The volume knob didn't do all that much for the tone for me but I do have a treble bleed so maybe that's why.

Thank you, brother.

Ok I did what you said - and that lead me close to an answer. I tried rolling down the TONE knob and that was what did it. Much, much closer. So tone knob on about 6 with a 500k pot and .022 cap. The volume knob didn't do all that much for the tone for me but I do have a treble bleed so maybe that's why.

Thank you, brother.
That's awesome man! I'm glad it worked for you. It's a killer sound.

he also gets those notes to bloom by rapidly switching to the bridge pickup and back....

Back
Top Bottom