Anyonne using QSC K12 FRFR with high gain patch?

webstersp

Inspired
Before I make my final decision on going FRFR or power amp cab, I would like to know
or hear about high gain patch on FRFR especially the QSC K12.
After lots of reading on this forum it seems that high gain patch Axe users prefer power amp +
guitar Cab and fender/vox, blues/jazz etc type of players prefer FRFR.

I need to make a decision... a portable 40lbs K12 + AXE Ultra, you want to love this setup!
But would I!?

Info
Style of music playing: Story of the year, The Used and 80's hard rock cover band.
My other guitarist use a bad cat hot cat 30r or a dual rectifier + 4x12.

Thanks

I use a QSC K12 and it goes high gain very well with the right impulses. I use the Catharsis impulses for my high gain patches. Nothing else I've tried compares with the low end umph I get from them. My band does kind of a Still Remains/Throw the Fight kind of thing and it works very well. It's plenty loud enough to keep up with the other guitarists 4x12, drums, bass, etc.

Last edited:
I use a QSC K12 and it goes high gain very well with the right impulses. I use the Catharsis impulses for my high gain patches. Nothing else I've tried compares with the low end umph I get from them. My band does kind of a Still Remains/Throw the Fight kind of thing and it works very well. It's plenty loud enough to keep up with the other guitarists 4x12, drums, bass, etc.

Hey which impulse in particular do you find works well for high gain with your K12's? I found the link to the Catharsis IR's, but there are a few different files and folders there.

I use 2 K12's for everything from acoustic/piezo to high gain and everything in between. They sound great.

Hey which impulse in particular do you find works well for high gain with your K12's? I found the link to the Catharsis IR's, but there are a few different files and folders there.

I really like the 2off-pres8 or preshigh ones, but all of them sound very big. There shouldnt be alot of folders he only included 12 or so impulses in the set.

Back
Top Bottom