Anyone with Presonus Quantum 2626 experience?

pharmd07

Experienced
I just picked up a Presonus Quantum 2626. I thought it would be a decent choice since I use Studio One 4 and the Quantum series interfaces are known for very low latency.

I can't get the thing to work. It comes with Universal Control software which has meters for inputs and outputs. I can see the input signals coming in. I've tried running a mic into it and my Axe Fx III via SPDIF. Input meters light up with signal for both cases. But nothing is coming out of the outputs. I can't find any way to route input signals to outputs. And Presonus' manual is very minimalistic and not helpful. I've tried contacting support, no response yet.

What's interesting is I can play music through iTunes on my Mac and that comes through the Quantum 2626 output no problem, and I hear iTunes music loud and clear through both the monitors and headphones I have attached to the Quantum. I have the Quantum hooked up via a Thunderbolt 3 cable.

Anyone have experience with this interface or something similar? I wonder if I'm missing something simple.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

You need to set up your i/o in studio one. The Quantum is a native interface and the daw controls i/o and monitoring. Try YouTubing some vids of you aren't sure.

You need to set up your i/o in studio one. The Quantum is a native interface and the daw controls i/o and monitoring. Try YouTubing some vids of you aren't sure.

Thanks. I had set it up in Studio One but still couldn’t monitor the inputs. Turns out my iMac’s privacy settings weren’t allowing Studio One to receive the signal from the Quantum.

I wish Presonus made it more clear that the Quantum interfaces require DAW control. I wasn’t aware of that when I bought it. Not really ideal for my uses.

Back
Top Bottom