Anyone with Knowledge of Audio Algorithms and Synthesis Programming - What Do You Think?

jesussaddle

Power User
https://www.vast-dynamics.com/sites/default/files/downloads/Vaporizer2Manual.pdf

This may be interesting to audio programming types or people fond of synthesis. Its a synth I hadn't heard much about until now. Reading the manual I found the explanation about the synth's intent (the dev's approach regarding aliasing) to be interesting). I'm not qualified to comment, but I thought possibly someone might be able to shed light or find it of interest. The synthesizer sounds quite amazing and is very inexpensive relative to its capabilities. I used to be a fan of the Cycle synth by a Canadian developer (Amaranth Audio I believe is his company) who has since moved on and stopped doing updates - it was similar in that one could do real time edits of a waveform with very clean results.

I would say more but my browsers are crashing due to using a couple of chrome based browsers being opened simultaneously that apparently conflict. Chome, Brave, Firefox. I got a sudden whiteout of the pdf I was reading and will need to leave this forum for the real time being.

The derivation of alias-free wavetables isn’t easy, but I wouldn’t consider it mysterious. An analytic solution for a given sample rate is fairly well-known, even for arbitrary waveforms. The wavetables I built in to Omnisphere are alias-free. There’s nothing special about the technique that would preclude real time synthesis of the wavetables. If it’s rare to see a synth with that feature, it’s only because it’s not generally considered to be particularly useful. The technique which is more commonly considered useful is morphing between predefined waveforms. Omnisphere does that, as do some other synths.

Back
Top Bottom