anyone with a Randall RT2/50?

randombastage

Experienced
It looks on paper to be great way to get what I'm after since the two channels can be independant and 6L6 in one side and EL34 in the other and at the right wattage for me as well. I'd love to have both a Fender type and a Marshall type cabinet set up to switch between or even blend.

I tried a search but found nothing which is kind of unusual...

Last edited:
I owned one, used it with the Axe-FX and loved it.

Likes: EL34/6L6 in one poweramp, midi switchable, great sound
Dislikes: heavy, heat, heavy.... and it's really heavy.

:D

Thanks!
Does anyone else make something with the same features of midi control and different tubes? I went to Egnaters site thinking that was something they would do but no sign of a tube power amp :(

Thanks!
Does anyone else make something with the same features of midi control and different tubes? I went to Egnaters site thinking that was something they would do but no sign of a tube power amp :(

Not that I am aware of. It's worth seeking it out, I really liked it. If I had continued to roll with the hybrid Axe-FX/tube power amp/speaker cab paradigm, I'd still be rocking that set up.

Thanks!

Not that I am aware of. It's worth seeking it out, I really liked it. If I had continued to roll with the hybrid Axe-FX/tube power amp/speaker cab paradigm, I'd still be rocking that set up.

I had one for awhile and thought it sounded very good.................but as Scott said, it is SUPER HEAVY. Not just a little heavy........SUPER HEAVY. Everytime I picked it up I was shocked by the weight. It does sound good though...

p

thanks!
I guess that weight issue will be my one consolation for not playing out anymore...I'm only going to have to lift it into place once or twice a year!

I had one, too, and used it with my Axe setup. I really liked it, but I am gigging and going to practices that I lug my gear to, and as others have commented, the RT2/50 is *really* heavy. If you don't have to move it, then that essentially removes its biggest drawback :)

Did I mention that the thing is "make you vomit when you move it" heavy? When I sold it I had to hire piano movers to come take it away....

p

Mine was so heavy that small objects around my play area (picks, knobs, etc) began to assume an orbit around the RT2/50. I believe a small colony of tribal amalganoids began to develop civilization on the surface before I sold it

Mine was so heavy that small objects around my play area (picks, knobs, etc) began to assume an orbit around the RT2/50. I believe a small colony of tribal amalganoids began to develop civilization on the surface before I sold it

Dude, that's actually why I sold mine. The air traffic around the thing was getting ridiculous.

Selling it didn't solve all my problems though............it turns out that my bass players Ampeg 8x10 cab has similar issues.

p

I luv mine also. In case you didn't catch on, it is HEAVY!!!!!
The + is the tone. I run mine into a TM212(Elite80s) or Bogner XTC 4x12 (V30s) and these cabs seem a bit muddy sometimes. With the presense at 12-3 o'clock it takes that out and sounds amazing.

Back
Top Bottom