Anyone with a Landau/Bolton/Marx Preset!!

NightWalker

Power User
im trying to build a preset for the Landau guitar solos in the Angelia & How Am I Supposed to Live Without You songs,im having problems getting that kind of chorus effect,i have never use a chorus before so im a little lost here,any help please.

i'm not familiar with the songs, if you are after his 80's studio sound there are a couple of patches on axechange that sound pretty close or same if you are after the 80's trichorus sounds those are there too (for axe fx ii but easily converted to ax8 with FracTool). if you want to get sorta close try using a normal chorus block first like the analog stereo and use a pitch block after (set to detune, i like it somewhere between 8 and 11.5 ct - set on to a plus and the second to a minus (detune) - both levels to 100% and pan them hard left and right, i like one to be without delay and the second to about 25 ms) just tweak to tast.

i'm not familiar with the songs, if you are after his 80's studio sound there are a couple of patches on axechange that sound pretty close or same if you are after the 80's trichorus sounds those are there too (for axe fx ii but easily converted to ax8 with FracTool). if you want to get sorta close try using a normal chorus block first like the analog stereo and use a pitch block after (set to detune, i like it somewhere between 8 and 11.5 ct - set on to a plus and the second to a minus (detune) - both levels to 100% and pan them hard left and right, i like one to be without delay and the second to about 25 ms) just tweak to tast.

thank you for reply man,if you have a chance can you do one preset with the chorus and pitch effects,if you cant its ok,i tried to convert the tri chorus preset but for the AX8 doesnt sound right that preset.

I would start by running fx post amp chorus in series then in parallel micro pitch shift, around +- 9 and 13 % use two delays,pan and circular delay, and possibly reverb, all in parallel to the dry line. Check out some Bradshaw diagrams and set up your grid in a similar fashion, that will get you inn the ballpark, then settings in each effect will get you the rest of the way.

Cheers
Ant

I would start by running fx post amp chorus in series then in parallel micro pitch shift, around +- 9 and 13 % use two delays,pan and circular delay, and possibly reverb, all in parallel to the dry line. Check out some Bradshaw diagrams and set up your grid in a similar fashion, that will get you inn the ballpark, then settings in each effect will get you the rest of the way.

Cheers
Ant

could be cool if you make that preset.

Skjermbilde 2017-10-07 kl. 10.09.42.png Skjermbilde 2017-10-07 kl. 10.11.11.png Skjermbilde 2017-10-07 kl. 10.10.36.png Skjermbilde 2017-10-07 kl. 10.09.42.png Skjermbilde 2017-10-07 kl. 10.10.36.png

Cheers
Ant

Very cool advice, I did just that since all the settings for the reverbs and delays was already out there. Learned a lot about how the different routings influence tone and respons/feel. I then searched the Axechange and found several other takes on the same concept and learned more.

View attachment 42090 View attachment 42092 View attachment 42091 View attachment 42090 View attachment 42091

Very cool advice, I did just that since all the settings for the reverbs and delays was already out there. Learned a lot about how the different routings influence tone and respons/feel. I then searched the Axechange and found several other takes on the same concept and learned more.
what presets did you found in the axechange?i was looking and found zero,can you share the presets that you made?thank you.

Last edited:
Hey, what do you think about this i made now, you can fix the reverb,delay or amps and repost?
- Amp etc should be altered anyway by taste but i used 2th pos on a 5 way Tom Anderson or Suhr.

I remember on a Bradshaw rig i had there was -8 and +8 cent on Luke presets on pitcher.. (spx90)
On youtube i saw someone used 15 on each side.. If someone can fix this preset to be a close Landau preset it would be cool. Maybe a vibrato could be used as a second chorus or something..

Attachments

• Landau TriStereo Choru.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I converted some now with Fractool.

Attachments

• Stian Dripping Wet.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Stian EJ Clean.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Stian Ethereal Clean.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Stian Landau Shiver Clean.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Stian Landau TriStereo Choru.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Stian Landau VerbTSC.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Stian LANDAULESLIE A.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Stian Lush Spacious.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Stian MESA CLN TC 1210 SPATI.syx
  • Landau Refrigerator.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 70
Maybe this is the closest one ? Im gone blind now. I hope someone can help adjusting it to be perfect match.

Attachments

• Landau Refrigerator.syx
Back
Top Bottom