Anyone wish for a better looper?

You can store pretty well an unlimited amount of presets on your computer. Why would you need so many presets when you play somewhere? You do not have to delete presets...just store them on the computer to make room for the new ones you want to use.

You can store pretty well an unlimited amount of presets on your computer. Why would you need so many presets when you play somewhere? You do not have to delete presets...just store them on the computer to make room for the new ones you want to use.

Yes I know. But I know myself. Once out of the hardware means out of the mind. I almost never restore presets that I have saved on my computer.

Last edited:
why quality? its superior to most of the loopers out there, they suck tone bad cos of their A\D convertors. axe looper is superior to those when it comes to sound quality. even better than ableton in that manner, since with ableton you rely on the interface you use unless you use axe as an interface. but yes, its not an ableton looper when it comes down to what you can do with ableton and probably will never be....
longer time would be ofcourse great. but beside these i think its a decent looper.

I love the looper except for the serious limit on loop length with stereo undo. :(

It is a good looper but could be better. It sure would be handy if It was global and it did not have to be added as a block. Maybe a choice of firmware for those of us that wanted a better looper with more memory allocation. For those who do not care about the looper...a different firmware with the memory allocated for more presets/cabs (the way it is now). Just a suggestion.

So it sounds like a good number of people using the looper seriously have to add a looper on the side of the axefx.
Seems like a fair call to the man up there.

I personally can't think of anything else I need in terms of tone/amps. I noticed the delays have been looked into lately to give more options. Hopefully it's time for the looper functions to be worked on next.

Last edited:
YES! We need a better looper:
Multiple independent loops ( 3 or 4 )
Synchronized (Loops loop in time together ), or not
Fade in / out of loops

As it is I have to keep my boomerang looper on my board ... I'd love to retire it.

Would't multiple loops require new hardware? I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be possible on the current axes.

My fantasy is that Jeff, the genius developer of the free Mobius looper software will team up with Cliff the genius Fractal Audio inventor and develop an AXE FX/Mobius hybrid looper.....

Let me just wipe the drool from my mouth!
I discovered Mobius while looking for looping options with the Afx, amazing program! It even runs very well using the fractal as a sound output. The learning curve has been insane though.

Longer would be great especially when theres are little tiny Hotone Wally pedal that will loop for 15 full minutes for under $80, really hard to get a full chord progression in 15 seconds.

I wish for longer loop times in Stereo Undo mode. My primary use for a looper is in an acoustic trio which requires a stereo setup, but I'm unable to loop the full chorus progression of many songs within the 15 second limit. I've been forced to stick with the TC Electronic Ditto x2 for giging use. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but it would be nice.
... I use an older boss rc 50 waaay deep if you need. And 19 stereo minutes....three loops per patch...kinda nice but its HUGE. That and a Roland gr 33 ...and soon the mc control for the axe FX and CV control s well, I ain't compact.

Let me just wipe the drool from my mouth!
I discovered Mobius while looking for looping options with the Afx, amazing program! It even runs very well using the fractal as a sound output. The learning curve has been insane though.
Big time learning curve for sure...and the same can be said for the Axe Fx...I figure between the 2 of them I have enough challenge for many years to come.

This is what I've asked for many times. No go. I believe it's limited by architecture.

YES! We need a better looper:
Multiple independent loops ( 3 or 4 )
Synchronized (Loops loop in time together ), or not
Fade in / out of loops

As it is I have to keep my boomerang looper on my board ... I'd love to retire it.

Sorry for going off-topic, but your username makes me wonder if you play in the Belgian band Emptiness? If so, I really like your music and sound. Was 'Nothing but the Whole' recorded with the Axe-II?

Back
Top Bottom