Anyone who likes to grill - SHARE your tips , tools and techniques !

That is a awesome looking pizza great job. Do you make your own pizza dough? Man that looks good I have been using the pizza dough from Publix grocer.
I have dough recipes and sauce recipes also...
I like cooking pizza around 500 degrees on a pizza stone on my BGE

That is a awesome looking pizza great job. Do you make your own pizza dough? Man that looks good I have been using the pizza dough from Publix grocer.
I have dough recipes and sauce recipes also...
I like cooking pizza around 500 degrees on a pizza stone on my BGE
I use King Arthur 12.7% protein flour to make a dough with 70% hydration, which is important so the crust doesn't burn in the high heat. I also use the "autolyze" method for 20 minutes which results in a dough that is easy to hand-stretch. Then put it in the fridge for up 2-3 days for a cold ferment to build flavor.

steaks. Start with steaks at least 1.5 inches thick
1 - kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. THATS IT.
2 - let them come up to room temp
3 - get your grill as HOT AS YOU CAN MAKE IT
4 - 4 minutes on one side
5 - 3 minutes on the other
6 - flip once. THATS IT. Don’t fuck with it. Don’t cut into it.
7 - Keep the lid closed. Don’t look. Don’t check. Don’t fuck with it. Keep that grill as hot at you can.
8 - Let it rest for 5 minutes. Don’t fuck with it. Don’t cut into it.
9 - Make sure you have enough propane (or whatever fuel you’re using) at the start.

So many people ruin what could be an amazing steak by not following these simple rules. Leave the damn thing alone and let it cook. Respect the meat.

I use King Arthur 12.7% protein flour to make a dough with 70% hydration, which is important so the crust doesn't burn in the high heat. I also use the "autolyze" method for 20 minutes which results in a dough that is easy to hand-stretch. Then put it in the fridge for up 2-3 days for a cold ferment to build flavor.
That is very interesting I had never heard of that autolyze method I have researched it and will have to try it. Your pizza looks amazing and am always up to learn something new thanks. Can’t wait to try it out appreciate you sharing that.
steaks. Start with steaks at least 1.5 inches thick
1 - kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. THATS IT.
2 - let them come up to room temp
3 - get your grill as HOT AS YOU CAN MAKE IT
4 - 4 minutes on one side
5 - 3 minutes on the other
6 - flip once. THATS IT. Don’t fuck with it. Don’t cut into it.
7 - Keep the lid closed. Don’t look. Don’t check. Don’t fuck with it. Keep that grill as hot at you can.
8 - Let it rest for 5 minutes. Don’t fuck with it. Don’t cut into it.
9 - Make sure you have enough propane (or whatever fuel you’re using) at the start.

So many people ruin what could be an amazing steak by not following these simple rules. Leave the damn thing alone and let it cook. Respect the meat.
You are absolutely right screaming hot and the most important is to let the meat rest and oh yum good.

Tips....pick good marinated meats
Tools...weber grill
Technique....try not to f up the food lol

First brisket on the Joe is underway. The thing holds heat steady very well. Have the vents almost entirely closed at this point.

That is a beautiful thing oh baby. Love a good brisket did you use a rub or just good old salt and pepper I can smell it from here lol. Looking good :D

That is a beautiful thing oh baby. Love a good brisket did you use a rub or just good old salt and pepper I can smell it from here lol. Looking good :D
Rub. I’ve got a rub mix I’ve been honing over the years. The kids like a little sweet on the edges so the rub helps.

Rub. I’ve got a rub mix I’ve been honing over the years. The kids like a little sweet on the edges so the rub helps.
Very nice I also have my competition rub that has been my go to rub for as long as I can remember. It goes good on everything :)
I also will take a brisket And I have a Brine solution that I make and I turn The brisket into a pastrami and I rub ground coriander and pepper on the outside of the brisket.
of course making a pastrami is a lengthy process but oh so worth it in the end.

Happy Memorial day to you

Please don’t marinate good cuts of meat. It’s a crime against beef. :D

I can't like this comment enough. :) I find some folks overpower the inherent
taste of the meat with too much extraneous additions. Here it is seldom more
than salt and pepper when it comes to choice cuts of beef. Chicken and pork
and some seafoood is a different story, though. ;)

I'm using a Slow 'N Sear kamado. It is a very versatile grill since it can be used like a traditional kamado or it can do true two zone cooking with the slow 'n sear accessory. I'm doing my first low and slow cook tomorrow (a rack of St. Louis style ribs).

I'm using a Slow 'N Sear kamado. It is a very versatile grill since it can be used like a traditional kamado or it can do true two zone cooking with the slow 'n sear accessory. I'm doing my first low and slow cook tomorrow (a rack of St. Louis style ribs).
I always wanted to try their Weber insert. Didn’t know they made a Kamado.

View attachment 84070
Could have trimmed it better. But it turned out awesome.

That looks Uh-mazing!! Well done! :)

I cooked an entire 15lb Brisket last time I did one and since
we can only eat about 5lbs in a couple of days I divided it
into 1/3s and noow have a couple of 5lb cooked sections in the freezer.
Surprised by how well it freezes and reheats. Think all of that
fat in there has something to do with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom