Anyone want to talk about Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited my post, probably right after you answered. There's all kinds of stuff on there apparently. Maybe data on censorship too lol.
So you’re quick to shoot down others sources but unwilling to provide your own. Sorry, I’m not going to go doing your work for you. The burden of proof is on you for making the claim. There is no “all censorship is one direction” going on.

I’m happy to look at data if it’s provided that says otherwise.

There's way too much embittered, old, white male all up in this thread for my tastes.

Signed,
Embittered, old, white male

The lack of freedom of speech in the West is not even close to being in the Top Ten
of pressing issues. Might not even be Top Hundred.

Who knows, maybe some of you all are from Russia or China---where censorship is deep and
real---and I am just making dumb-ass assumptions again.

Always? Have sources for this?

I looked a little bit and gave up. Any left biased site says the rights not being censored. And the right sites say they are. I do know Twitter censors people, and it seems the censored parties are conservatives. Maybe there’s some on the left. I do know the laptop was buried, Trump was banned from Twitter, and they tried and failed to cancel Rogan. Leftists seem to be able to speak at colleges without being shouted down, the converse seems to not be true. There are many examples of conservatives being cancelled or censored. I genuinely have never heard of any from the left. Are there any?

Curious... can you please cite some news/info sources that you trust/refer to, that you feel are unbiased and/or trustworthy?

Tough question. Fox is good but I avoid their flame throwers like Tucker and Hannity. They’re usually speaking truths but it’s got some spin on it. I like the National Review and the Daily Wire. All sites have some spin. One thing that’s enlightening is to see a story, like more info coming out on the source of the Russia hoax. Then check sites like CNN MSNBC etc and see if they cover it. The laptop was a classic example. If you watched only the left news, you would never know it was real. Until now, much later after they had to admit it was true. And then they still spin it down. NY Post is good too.

There's way too much embittered, old, white male all up in this thread for my tastes.

Signed,
Embittered, old, white male

The lack of freedom of speech in the West is not even close to being in the Top Ten
of pressing issues. Might not even be Top Hundred.

Who knows, maybe some of you all are from Russia or China---where censorship is deep and
real---and I am just making dumb-ass assumptions again.
I feel like this topic touched you very profoundly. Take it easy a bit. Poking at others will not get your point across.

"They will not remember what you said; they will remember how you made them feel."

The Epoch Times.
Ahh, you mean the mouthpiece for New Tang Dynasty and Falun Gong. All news sources are biased, but only trust the ones that tell you what their bias is. Follow the money, find out who owns said news org.

Surprised this thread hasn't been locked down yet.;)

Last edited:
I looked a little bit and gave up. Any left biased site says the rights not being censored. And the right sites say they are. I do know Twitter censors people, and it seems the censored parties are conservatives. Maybe there’s some on the left. I do know the laptop was buried, Trump was banned from Twitter, and they tried and failed to cancel Rogan. Leftists seem to be able to speak at colleges without being shouted down, the converse seems to not be true. There are many examples of conservatives being cancelled or censored. I genuinely have never heard of any from the left. Are there any?
Trump was banned because he was getting more out of control than usual and his tweets helped incite violence against our country. There were reasonable fears it would have gotten worse.

None from the left? Republicans are full force after Disney right now. I wish I could remember the reps name but literally a minute apart on Twitter he screamed about free speech and against cancel culture, then followed up with his next tweet calling on the federal government to use it's power to go after Disney.

The whole CRT movement is trying to cancel and censor the teaching the history of our country because it makes some feel uncomfortable.

Hmmm....intrinsically political thread is political.

I think I can get away with saying free speech is always good and the answer to "bad" speech is always, always more speech.
Yeah...that was honestly not my intention.

I'm very much a free speech absolutist. And apart from the one joke, I don't feel like arguing with people who get their information from mainstream sources (I think they all suck). It's not worth my time.

Mostly...I'm curious if anybody has any serious comments about whether or not Musk is a villain. I'm honestly undecided.

I kind of hope some version of the deal goes through just because it seems like it would be a combination of fascinating and hilarious. Heck, the responses so far have already been fascinating. I don't think I've ever heard the word "fiduciary" so much in such a short period of time.

Musk is definitely not a villain. I even met him once. He's....quirky. Professionally.
Yeah....I kind of find him a mixed bag.

I get the draw to Tesla. For me, it's mostly a flat torque curve. I like the idea a lot. My brother in law owns one, and I should probably get around to driving it at some point. But....he also covered it in cameras and connected it to the internet. And...no. Just no. I want a dumb one. An internet connected car is far too antithetical to all of my experiences as a dork, and I can't think of a good reason to do it.

But...he also realized that flamethrowers were legal in the US and started selling one...apparently just because it's awesome. And...well, that's awesome.

Ahh, you mean the mouthpiece for New Tang Dynasty and Falun Gong. All news sources are biased, but only trust the ones that tell you what their bias is. Follow the money, find out who owns said news org.

Surprised this thread hasn't been locked down yet.;)
Me Too! Politics are OK if it goes along with "CERTAIN PEOPLES" beliefs-this is obvious! Otherwise no politics...Epoch times, what a joke-How about The QANON NEWS-same crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom