Anyone want to talk about Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s the kind of guy that would do that just to make a point.

He has expressed an interest in the past to start his own social media site, with the reason being that he didn't like the censorship on the big ones that are out there. And from what I have seen, he doesn't really seem to have any loyalty to either side of the political fence, so it sure does look to me like he's just trying to create an environment where people can voice their opinions without the fear of their posts/tweets being deleted and their accounts suspended or banned if they say the "wrong" things.

Honestly, this would probably cause a huge increase in traffic on Twitter, which would likewise create a huge increase in revenue. Some people would leave, but many, many more will likely sign on.

And yet, he's taken time to block people. So much for free speech for all.

Not wanting to hear something yourself but allowing others isn't stopping free speech.

I like hearing other people's opinions, but I also like deciding to agree, disagree, argue or ignore. Social media has a tendency to push information that supports its agenda, while removing all competing information.

He seems to stand alone in the billionaire club. All the others seem to be on the side of - you made me wealthy, now I will tell you what to think and do.

I saw a clip from an interview he just did (I think this morning), and he was saying that his goal is to transform Twitter into a legitimate, public open forum where all points of view are heard. To me, based on everything we have seen him do in the past, he is serious about the free speech angle.

If it were about money or power (which is the argument we're seeing all over the place), common sense dictates that he could have very easily just quietly jumped on board with all of the other big tech billionaires who are controlling the flow of information. But the fact that they're all upset about this leads me to believe that he is quite sincere in his ambition.

I saw a clip from an interview he just did (I think this morning), and he was saying that his goal is to transform Twitter into a legitimate, public open forum where all points of view are heard. To me, based on everything we have seen him do in the past, he is serious about the free speech angle.

If it were about money or power (which is the argument we're seeing all over the place), common sense dictates that he could have very easily just quietly jumped on board with all of the other big tech billionaires who are controlling the flow of information. But the fact that they're all upset about this leads me to believe that he is quite sincere in his ambition.

When I first started noticing him years ago, I didn't like him. Now I do. Even though he's making piles of money, I believe he actually wants to do something good for humanity. Bezos, Gates, Zuckerberg and the others all appear they want to make humanity do something for them.

When I first started noticing him years ago, I didn't like him. Now I do. Even though he's making piles of money, I believe he actually wants to do something good for humanity. Bezos, Gates, Zuckerberg and the others all appear they want to make humanity do something for them.
Gates is no angel, but he's actually done a lot of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom