Anyone want a Fortin Natas?

Rotti

Fractal Fanatic
So...

I've been conversing with a studio owner with a Fortin Natas in his gear list about possibly doing a high-end tone match for us.
Trouble is, he doesn't have an AFX2, he and his amp are in Long Beach, (I am in Texas), and like most of us, he doesn't work for free.

Would the FAS community be interested in a "group buy" (for lack of a better term) to put a Natas in the box?

cost/details can be worked out before anyone is committed of course. I just want to see if this is an idea that can get any traction before I spend anymore of his time or mine. Also, please keep in mind that this would require a very generous AFX2 user in the LB area to loan his Axe to the studio for a day or two.

The Tomato Farm Studio

EDIT: The studio is in Long Beach, NY, not Long Island. Also, thanks for the redirect, EP!

Last edited:
Total cost for this should run about $100-150 divided by the number of people interested, and I'm thinking a freebie for whomever can donate the use of their AFX for a short time. Gotta' get a lot more interest before this can be a reality though!

would the studio guy know how to use the axe-fx? You not only need the unit, but somebody with high-end skill and understanding of the axe-fx too, to make it worth the money

This is a great question, and the short answer is no; however, I have directed him to the threads covering TM with a sine wave along with the official TM instructions... it's not rocket science, but I would do what I can to not leave him hanging in the wind if any issues did arise.

Wouldn't it be better to see if Cliff, could model this amp rather then TM? Probably cost a little less, to send it to him and we'd have the actual model in the Axe.

Wouldn't it be better to see if Cliff, could model this amp rather then TM? Probably cost a little less, to send it to him and we'd have the actual model in the Axe.

+1

I doubt this would happen but I'm all for an actual NATAS in the axe. That would be worth some bucks!

Lol, sorry xrist04.

Ok, so we're interested in maybe a rental fee of some sort + shipping to let Cliff do his thing? I think that's a great idea!
Anyone know approximately how long he would need the amp to work with? Once I know that I'll contact the studio owner to check on rental prices + shipping to/from.

Back
Top Bottom