Anyone using their AX8 in 4CM with an ENGL Steve Morse amp?

Georgy

Inspired
So... this is a two-part question..

Just curious to see if anyone is specifically using their AX8 in 4CM with an ENGL Steve Morse amp? This particular has midi so in theory, my AX8 will be able to control the amp (change channels etc) which is what I'm hoping it will do.

Alternatively, do any of you AX8 users out there use their AX8 with another ENGL amp in 4CM?

IF SO, how do you find it?

Cheers.

So... this is a two-part question..

Just curious to see if anyone is specifically using their AX8 in 4CM with an ENGL Steve Morse amp? This particular has midi so in theory, my AX8 will be able to control the amp (change channels etc) which is what I'm hoping it will do.

Alternatively, do any of you AX8 users out there use their AX8 with another ENGL amp in 4CM?

IF SO, how do you find it?

Cheers.
i would look in the FX8 forum to se if anyone is doing this with an fx8. as far as i can tell, the AX8 is limited to sending PC commands on scene change

I use my ax8 with an ENGL e840/50. Not 4cm and no engl preamp, but I can tell you that the ax8 plays VERY nice with the engl power section. I turn off poweramp and cab modeling, but mostly because I've been too lazy to turn PA modeling back on and see if I like it better.

Definitely look into exactly what the AX8 is capable of midi-wise, and how the Engl needs to receive its commands. I remember my midi setup being pretty finicky when I had a Savage years ago, used a g-major & GCP at the time and needed all sorts of engl adapters & whatnot.

I use my ax8 with an ENGL e840/50. Not 4cm and no engl preamp, but I can tell you that the ax8 plays VERY nice with the engl power section. I turn off poweramp and cab modeling, but mostly because I've been too lazy to turn PA modeling back on and see if I like it better.

Definitely look into exactly what the AX8 is capable of midi-wise, and how the Engl needs to receive its commands. I remember my midi setup being pretty finicky when I had a Savage years ago, used a g-major & GCP at the time and needed all sorts of engl adapters & whatnot.

Really good to know - thanks for that.

Yeah I had that ENGL power amp and a VHT 2/50/2 and both worked really well with both my AX8 and Helix. Just weighing up to see if all the finicky business is worth messing around with if I end up buying this ENGL amp. But I reckon I'm gonna give it a miss..

THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS.. DECISION IS MADE!!

Back
Top Bottom