Anyone Using the XL+ with FCB1010/Eureka Prom III?.....

Sam K.

Who's using this setup? & How well does this actually work? The tide is out for a while here, so no MFC for a minute, but I have an FCB 1010 hanging out....since I sold my 11R.

I would rather spend my time learning the AXE than programming a foot controller....

I used Eurekaprom for about a year, but I ended up switching over to the UNO chip. The problem I have with the eurekaprom is that there is no way to set scenes and presets on the same layout - top row presets, bottom row scenes. I don't want to try to do some tap dance between or during songs and possibly do something wrong. I can live with only using 5 scenes, but having to switch modes in the board is more than I'm willing to deal with. I sucked it up and bought the editor software for the UNO and haven't looked back since.

I used Eurekaprom for about a year, but I ended up switching over to the UNO chip. The problem I have with the eurekaprom is that there is no way to set scenes and presets on the same layout - top row presets, bottom row scenes. I don't want to try to do some tap dance between or during songs and possibly do something wrong. I can live with only using 5 scenes, but having to switch modes in the board is more than I'm willing to deal with. I sucked it up and bought the editor software for the UNO and haven't looked back since.
So the uno chip allows this ? A row of presets & a row of scenes ?
Is it also easy to then switch to a stomp mode and back again with Uno Chip ?

Yes the uno chip allows this. I don't really know about going back and forth between stompbox mode. I have pretty much left in the same mode since I got it. You will have to read up on it. It uses the same functions as the standard FCB1010 chip I believe, so you should be able to download the manual.

Yes the uno chip allows this. I don't really know about going back and forth between stompbox mode. I have pretty much left in the same mode since I got it. You will have to read up on it. It uses the same functions as the standard FCB1010 chip I believe, so you should be able to download the manual.
Ok cool. Thanks for info.

Once in stompbox mode it stays that way from how you program the board. I'm just working out all this now as I just got my new to me axe but had the FCB1010 and uno for years it's great and flexible.
I have top row set for stomp and it is global. I have cc change scenes 1 to 5 and bottom for patches...and you can still bank up and down for more patches...but I only use 4 out of the first 5 for variations so you should be fine.

Once in stompbox mode it stays that way from how you program the board. I'm just working out all this now as I just got my new to me axe but had the FCB1010 and uno for years it's great and flexible.
I have top row set for stomp and it is global. I have cc change scenes 1 to 5 and bottom for patches...and you can still bank up and down for more patches...but I only use 4 out of the first 5 for variations so you should be fine.
Ok great, thanks. Considering this controller or debating seeing if my Line6 POD HD 500x will give me the control I need

Ok great, thanks. Considering this controller or debating seeing if my Line6 POD HD 500x will give me the control I need
I have mine setup the same as "beyond". I also just read someone on here just explained how to set up a line6 X3 unit to work with the AXEFX and he said it should also work with the HD500. Have a look thru the midi posts.
Cheers nickxmix

I have mine setup the same as "beyond". I also just read someone on here just explained how to set up a line6 X3 unit to work with the AXEFX and he said it should also work with the HD500. Have a look thru the midi posts.
Cheers nickxmix
Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom